User Group meeting next Thursday, January 19th

  • sql3d
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2012
      The user group meeting is next Thursday, January 19th.

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      presentations at 6:30.

      Our presentation will be "Performance Tuning with Traces "

      Session Abstract:
      We'll touch on SQL Profiler and review its best practices so that you don't impact the production system while gathering data. We'll take a deep dive into server-side traces (SQL Trace) and show how you can run a constant server-side trace with little impact on the production system. We'll also examine the things that I look for when troubleshooting performance issues.

      Speaker Bio:
      Tara Kizer has 14 years of experience with SQL Server, 11 of it as a DBA. She currently works at Qualcomm, where she is a DBA supporting mission critical systems with high availability requirements. She has been a Microsoft SQL Server Most Valuable Professional (MVP) since July of 2007. She is the top contributor (28k+ posts) in the SQLTeam.com forums and posts under the username tkizer.