Sr. SQL Server DBA - Active.com - San Diego

  • Ali Ladjevardi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2011
      Hello SD SQL Server,

      My name is Ali Ladjevardi and I am a Corporate Recruiter with Active Network in San Diego. We are hiring for a SQL Sever DBA to join our Active team for a full-time position. If you are interested in working for a bleeding edge sports technology company, please email me at ali.ladjevardi@...<mailto:ali.ladjevardi@...>

      www.active.com<http://www.active.com>
      www.activenetwork.com<http://www.activenetwork.com>

      The primary purpose and function of this opening is to guide and support the database development of a high-transaction multi-tiered service oriented OLTP system. The candidate will collaborate with existing DBA's, architects and developers to design, document, develop, and deploy new functional and non-functional business requirements.

      To perform this function, the candidate must have a solid understanding of both physical and logical aspects of database systems and be able to collaborate with software developers to achieve the desired functionality while maintaining database performance, integrity, reporting functionality and overall vision.

      The ActiveWorks development team currently uses Microsoft's SQL Server 2005/2008 for both OLTP and OLAP, but is in the process of migrating to Oracle 11g.

      Duties:
      * Work with architects and developers to create effective database designs for non-functional requirements such as performance, security and scalability
      * Work with developers and business analysis to create effective database solutions to meet business and functional requirements
      * Mentor developers on correct usage of database technologies, best practices, and standards
      * Assist in the troubleshooting of database issues in development and production environments
      * Help deliver reporting solution and integrate with the existing Active Data Warehouse.

      Education Requirements:
      * Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
      * Advanced Computer Science degree or equivalent a plus
      * Formal training and in relevant database methodologies a plus
      * Database certifications is a plus

      Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
      * Team player, must be able to excel as a member of a cross-functional team
      * Strong Database skills including T-SQL, PL/SQL, replication
      * Strong modeling and documentation skills (knowledge of Embarcadero ER/Studio is a plus)
      * Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 experience
      * Oracle experience (10g or 11g a plus)
      * 5+ years of work experience in information system development or equivalent

      Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by, please apply now! Be sure to include salary history in your cover letter. EEO/AAP

      Ali Ladjevardi, Sr. Recruiter

      Active Network
      10182 Telesis Court
      San Diego, CA 92121
      Tel 310-592-7807
      www.ActiveNetwork.com<http://www.activenetwork.com/>
      www.Active.com<http://www.active.com/>

      We power the world's activities and connect
      people with the things they love, want and
      need to do.