July Meeting Notice

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011
      SQL Server Professionals,

      The user group meeting this month is Thursday July 21st.

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      presentations at 6:30.

      We are in a NEW LOCATION please see the directions below!!

      Our presentation will be "From day old-data to real time reporting".

      Session Abstract:
      Tim Daly of Brighton Consulting will briefly show his latest product;
      a registry system used to track patient care. It is an application
      that links to either SQL remote, SQL local (SQL Express) or local
      back-end databases.

      He will then demonstrate how the application´┐Żs data is manipulated to
      create SQL views using both the SQL Server 2005 User Interface and
      Transact SQL statements. Next, Tim will show how he combined the two
      methods to compose a large sql statement that creates many views. The
      executable view-creating query code runs in seconds and replaced a
      five hour report run. From overnight (stale) day-old data to near
      real-time data. Oorah!

      Some interesting wrinkles Tim will show include:

      o T-SQL output to html which can be used as SQL code.

      o Creating an Excel connection to view views.
      o Security issues.
      o How users are using the views to generate reports and analyze the data.
      Speaker Bio:
      Tim Daly of Brighton Consulting is a long time developer and SD SQL Server
      User Group member. He recently earned a patent for his work developing a
      supply quantity estimating system used by the Marines, Navy, and Air Force.
      The system outputs a report to the user of estimated necessary medical
      supplies and tasks associated with defined patient conditions from a
      selected operational scenario.

      Meeting location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.

      Phil Robinson - President SDSQLUG