Meeting Reminder - June 16th

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2011
      SQL Server Professionals,

      Don't forget the next user group meeting is Thursday June 16th.

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      presentations at 6:30.

      We are in a NEW LOCATION please see the directions below!!

      Our presentation will be "Building a redundant SQL Server infrastructure".

      Session Abstract:
      SQL Servers form the computational backbone of many Small and Medium
      businesses. Any downtime can be costly in terms of dollars and employee
      productivity; yet creating redundant SQL Server instances can be difficult
      and expensive. Nerras took an out-of -the-box approach to address this
      problem. Drawing from the networking world of traffic management, a T-SQL
      router was created to provide high availability for SQL Servers. Tackling
      these issues at the network layer removes much of the complexity of building
      and maintaining a redundant SQL Server infrastructure.

      Speaker Bio:
      Doug Chan is founder and President with Nerras Systems. In this role, Doug
      leads a team providing SQL Server high availability appliances, including
      load balancing and server failover. A big believer in ease of use, Doug
      supports the concept of plug and play appliances to simplify technical
      challenges like high availability.
      Before starting Nerras Systems, Doug worked for over 20 years for a diverse
      range of organizations, including HP, Alteon Websystems, Ingres Data Systems
      and other small business startups. Doug held various roles including member
      of technical staff, and corporate executive. Doug�s varied background in
      database and networking provided the perfect foundation for Nerras Systems.
      Passionate about Nerras and its possibilities, Doug aims to provide features
      that help SQL Server avoid downtime and enhance SQL performance.

      Please join us for the meeting at our new location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.

      Phil Robinson - President SDSQLUG