Job opportunity

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2011
      SQL <SQ@L> Server Professionals,

      Here is a job opportunity from group sponsor DealerSocket.

      Position:

      Database Administrator and Database Developer

      Educational Requirement:

      Bachelor degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent
      relevant experience

      DealerSocket is an award winning fast growing technology company building
      configurable web-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. We
      are looking for a highly motivated senior Microsoft SQL Server developer
      with proven experience. This position is responsible for database-related
      production issues focusing on development, performance, scalability, and
      high availability. The Database Administrator supports the production and
      development application teams, and develops stored procedures and other
      database related tasks as needed. This will be a contract to hire
      position.

      Requirements:

      � Bachelor degree in computer science (or related field) or
      equivalent relevant experience.

      � At least 3-5 years experience designing and supporting high volume
      MS SQL Server databases.

      � Highly skilled administering and clustering. Experience in a
      clustered environment is required

      � At least 4+ years experience in supporting web applications
      connected to Microsoft SQL.

      � Experience in programming elements including schemas, databases,
      tables, views,
      indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints.

      � Experience creating SSIS packages, scheduled SQL jobs, and DTS
      packages.

      � Conduct complex clustering, replication, archiving, backup,
      recovery, and query performance tuning

      � Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all
      management levels along with excellent verbal and written communication
      skills.

      � Support production activities including on-call responsibilities

      � Manage database elements including schemas, databases, table
      spaces, tables, views,

      � Indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity
      constraints

      � Participate in database design sessions with other developers

      � Install and test new releases of SQL Server

      � Schedule and perform upgrades to database

      � Monitor database servers for resource utilization

      � Provide trend analysis for forecasting future resource
      requirements

      � Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of all supporting
      documentation

      � Initiate corrective action to ensure all database servers meet
      processing requirements for performance and reliability

      � Manage complex SSIS packages and scheduled SQL jobs.

      � Develop, review, analyze, and redevelop complex stored procedures
      to increase speed and performance.

      � Experience with SQL Reporting Services

      � Applicants need to be local and able to come into the office in
      San Clemente on a daily basis to work with the other developers as part of a
      team

      � Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment

      Benefits:

      - Strong salary and flexible hours
      - Casual work environment the latest in technologies
      - Ability to grow your career as the company grows
      - 401K Plan
      - 100% HMO Health Care Plan � Company pays 100% of your premium.
      - Dental Plan � Company pays 100% of your premium.

      Recent Company Awards:

      - #2 on the Deloitte & Touche LLP 2007 Orange County Fastest Growing
      Companies
      - #1 on the Deloitte & Touche LLP 2006 Orange County Fastest Growing
      Companies

      >> Apply Here <hr@...>

      No Phone Calls and *NO AGENCIES* please.

      Contact DealerSocket:

      Address:
      1000 Calle Amanecer
      San Clemente, CA 92673
      Mailing:
      PO Box 74866
      San Clemente, CA 92673

      Phone:
      Corporate Office:

      949.900.0300

      eMail:
      Human Resources:
      hr@...

    • Montgomery, Helen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2011
        Happy New Year SQL Professionals,

        I would like to let you know about an upcoming class I am very excited about and think you might find useful. This class will introduce you to all of the areas pertaining to Business Intelligence as it relates to MS SQL Server. It is a great overview class taught by professionals working in the field.

        Class starts on January 11th. You can check out this link for more details http://extension.ucsd.edu/studyarea/index.cfm?vAction=singleCourse&vCourse=CSE-41061&vsacategoryid=77&vStudyAreaID=14 Or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at hmontgomery@...<mailto:hmontgomery@...>

        Business Intelligence: An Introduction using Microsoft SQL Server
        You will be introduced to the components of the Microsoft Business Intelligence tool set. Topics include: data warehouse architecture, data dimension and fact table concepts; fundamentals of data extract, transform and load using Integration Services; OLAP cube measures, dimensions and attributes design in Analysis Services; data visualization and report design using Reporting Services; end user BI using Excel and PowerPivot.

        Send this email to others you think might be interested as well.

        Helen

        ____________________

        Helen Montgomery

        Program Representative

        P: 858 534-9352

        F: 858 534-9359

        hmontgomery@...

      • Phil Robinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2011
          SQL Professionals,

          Here is a job opportunity provided by one of our members.

          Recent jobs have also been posted on our new LinkedIn group site, please
          follow the link below to join the group..

          http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=3687193

          Phil Robinson - President SDSQLUG

          Title:

          Intermediate and Advanced Level VB.NET Application Developer

          Skills:

          VB.Net, ASP.net, AJAX , SQL, Visual Studio, Active Reports, Web Based
          Solutions, Agile

          Position:

          In this position you will work as a member of an Agile Software Development
          Team that develops internet applications, specifically: designing,
          developing and implementing web-based regulatory and administrative
          applications used in many corporations. The primary technologies used are
          VB.Net, ASP.net, AJAX, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio and Active
          Reports.

          Duties:

          Participate in a team environment working with users to develop
          specifications/requirements documentation for new applications, based on the
          user needs. Work on the development of applications using Visual Studio,
          VB.Net, ASP.net, AJAX and Microsoft SQL Server while following predefined
          specifications. Participate in the testing and implementation of new
          applications as well as program modifications to existing applications based
          on user requests and AIC requirements specifications. Provide ongoing
          support for applications already in use. This includes; problem diagnosis,
          resolution, ad hoc reporting support, general application development and
          quality assurance tasks, as necessary.

          Qualifications:

          Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent
          is desired
          Proven aptitude for software development
          1 to 4 years of relevant applications development experience in the
          Microsoft Windows environment, including VB.Net, ASP.net, AJAX and SQL
          compliant databases required.
          Experience with SQL Server database management preferred, but not required.
          Strong communication skills
          Strong analytic and problem solving skills
          High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job
          experience

          Company:

          Applications International Corporation (AIC), formed in April, 1998,
          provides Enterprise Compliance Management (ECM) and Reporting solutions to
          global industry. Customers include major manufacturers in the chemical,
          automotive, electrical, metal fabrication industries, global infrastructure,
          distributors and more. Global companies use our systems for U.S. compliance
          reporting (OSHA, Worker Compensation, BLS,D.O.T.), foreign reporting,
          managing compliance audits and assessments (VPP,ISO, EHS, Sarbanes Oxley,
          Safety, Physical Security, etc.) in real time, employee training management,
          on-line training content (LMS), incident investigation, corrective actions,
          job safety analysis, security management, surveys and more. These companies
          utilize our applications in a hosted environment from our SAS 70, Level II
          Certified data center.

          Our applications interface with legacy data (i.e. Human Resources, Payroll,
          ERP) from PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP, Cyborg and others. We interface with all
          major insurance carriers and third party administrators. Our tools
          facilitate importing of historical data, point and click report generation
          and trend analysis, privacy protection and much more. An Alerts/Messaging
          feature enforces real time notifications of user defined criteria. Proven
          ability to support large enterprises, and map/roll up data through
          organizational structures to support hierarchical structures of any level of
          complexity. A robust point and click reporting tool quickly generates charts
          and graphs extensively used in Six Sigma analysis and Balanced Scorecards.
          Our solutions are deployed in over 80 countries in multiple languages.
          Founded in 1998, AIC is a Microsoft Certified Partner.

          Apply:

          Please send all resumes in the body of an email to
          greatcareers@.... Please, NO ATTACHMENTS.

          Candidates will be required to complete a written skills assessment at our
          offices as part of the interviewing process. This assessment will take
          between two hours and four hours.

          Paul Field

          Applications International Corp.

          10920 Via Frontera