1284SDSQLUG:: Hiring SQL DBA

  • julie Wootton
    Sep 2, 2014
      Hi,  We're hiring a SQL DBA at Havas Edge in Carlsbad.

      Please email your resume to julie.wootton@...

      Here's a job description:

      Build the Business. Build the Brand.
      At Havas Edge we influence people to act by combining multi-channel marketing and commerce plus the creative and technology that powers them. Our work results in profitable growth and lasting relationships between customers and our client's brands.

      We're looking for a motivated data architect to serve the role of software development DBA as well as the "data visionary" for our rapidly growing client, company, and third-party data. If you want to roll up your sleeves to work with the developers in the morning, have a storage planning session at lunch with the IT team, and then walk into the boardroom in the afternoon and help our business or analytics team understand how to incorporate a new data set into our BI platform -- we want to talk with you.
      We are a full-service, direct response agency, headquartered in Carlsbad, CA with offices in Boston, MA; Los Angeles CA; Portland OR; and London, UK.

      Responsible for the databases in Microsoft SQL Server environments that support OLTP and OLAP, including database integrity, performance tuning; audits, modifies, and amends data using SQL commands, hand editing, and bulk imports; oversees the scheduling of database projects, and works in conjunction with IT on database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites; assists software engineers in creating stored procedures and SQL commands to properly query databases; fluent in backup / restore and log shipping procedures; creates documentation on database recovery, processes, and architecture.

      RESPONSIBILITIES:
      Design and develop advanced database solutions including T-SQL stored procedures and triggers
      Monitor and maintain security and performance
      Monitor long running transactions and have the ability to optimize query executions using best practices and methodologies
      Assist in the design process as needed
      Develop, manage, maintain, and test backup and recovery plans (in conjunction with IT)
      Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security

      REQUIREMENTS:
      Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
      Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computer and relational database environments
      Experience with database management and database process flowcharting techniques
      Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
      Good understanding of the organization's business goals and objectives
      Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
      Technical documentation skills
      Ability to present complex ideas in user-friendly language
      Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
      Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
      Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
      The ability to develop stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and views in support of application development projects
      Experience developing and maintaining relational structures including back/recovery and log shipping procedures

      QUALIFICATIONS:
      BS Degree in one of the following subject areas; Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
      Minimum of 5+ years of experience developing large scale complex database solutions
      Demonstrated experience with BI database design
      Ability to track and resolve database related incidents as well as requests
      Must have a service oriented mentality, as well as a strong sense of ownership of any incidents or requests assigned

      Specific Skills Required:
      Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (r2)
      Redgate, or similar
      ER Studio, or similar
      Tableau

      Havas Edge offers competitive salary, benefits and rewarding work in a fast paced, growing team-oriented environment.

      Cheers,

      Julie Wootton

      San Diego HR Consulting, Inc.

      7040 Avenida Encinas 104-41