1275Job Post: SQL Server DBA
- Jan 27, 2014
Position: SQL Server DBA
Visit: www.breg.com to apply today
We currently have a full time opening for a SQL Server DBA at our Carlsbad, California headquarters.
We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
· Good communication and documentation skills.
· Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
· Responsible for taking accountability to demonstrate the organization’s Cultural Beliefs and achieving desired results. Responsible for driving the Culture within the organization by using tools such as storytelling, focused feedback, and recognition. Performance is aligned with the Culture of Accountability - See It, Own It, Solve It, and Do It. All employees are expected to know and understand Breg’s Cultural Beliefs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· SQL Server DBA credentials including a minimum of an MCSE, MCITP, MVP
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.