Tank cooling

  • flyinghigh1965
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 2:17 PM
      I am having trouble keeping my tank below 80 degrees F. I run the A/C,
      its in a quiet room, windows have the shades down all the time. I
      unplugged the heater and still above 80 degrees. Is there any other
      solution to my problem besides laying down 350.00 for a chiller???
      Please feel free to email me or IM me.

      Thanks

      Mike
    • milomlo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27 9:14 AM
        --- In saltwaterfishtankssft@yahoogroups.com, flyinghigh1965
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I am having trouble keeping my tank below 80 degrees F. I run the
        A/C,
        > its in a quiet room, windows have the shades down all the time. I
        > unplugged the heater and still above 80 degrees. Is there any other
        > solution to my problem besides laying down 350.00 for a chiller???
        > Please feel free to email me or IM me.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Mike

        My tank runs about 84 and everything is fine. No problems. You can
        always take some 2 liter coke bottles and fill w/ RO water and freeze
        them. Then float them in your tank or sump to cool the water if you
        want it cooler.