QUESTIONS ABOUT MY NEW TANK

  • aboutlastnight2000
    Message 1 of 178 , Aug 6, 2001
      I set up a 55 gallon salt water tank 3 days
      ago.<br>I have asked several different sources about what
      the best set up is and have gotten greatly varying
      answers. I just wanted to get some input. My set up is a
      55 gallon tank with a specific gravity on 1.021. I
      have crushed coral at the bottom and two seperate
      hoods with the factory lights. I have an emperor 400
      running for filtration and I just ordered a skilter 400
      filter supreme with the built in protien skimmer using a
      venturi device. I decided not to go with the w/d because
      of the hassle and cost to set up. I have added 3
      fish. 2 are bluish/green fish that I can't remember the
      name of and a beige fish that the fish store didn't
      know the name of but they said he is very hearty. This
      fish walks across the bottom on his front fins.
      my current hood to sustain more than fish such as
      live coral etc. Also with the two filters that I have
      will the circulate the water sufficently or do I need
      a powerhead or some other device to circulate the
      water?? Do you think that these two filters will keep the
      water clean?? I also ordered a testing kit because of
      the importance of frequent testing. Any suggestions
      would be welcome.
    • JIM ROSINSKI
      Message 178 of 178 , Feb 15, 2005
        I have two yellow tangs,and a purple tang in a 265
        gallon reef tank,,they get along just fine

        http://my.yahoo.com