regal tang question

  • John L. Stubbs
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2003
      Hi,

      I got a regal tang about 3 weeks ago. The first few days he kind of
      just freaked out
      but now he has settled in quite well. I have 54 gal corner tank and
      in it are 2 percula
      clowns, a neon goby, and a six line wrasse. It seems that one of my
      clowns are
      battling in out with the tang. The clown doesn't seem to hide, but
      he has some nips
      on his fins. They heal fairly quickly but in a day or so he has
      another one. I watched
      the two fish today for awhile and it looks like the clown tries to
      bite at the regal tang
      as well but is not as successful at nipping. Will this ever end or
      should I consider
      getting rid of the tang. I hate to get rid of the tang, but I am
      partial to my clowns as
      they were my first fish and are almost two years old.

      I'm about to move about 15 miles to a new location as well. I have a
      professional
      tank mover coming to help me and I assume once we set up the tank
      again there may
      be another fight for dominance.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      John Stubbs
    • JEANIE HAGER
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2003
        JOHN ,WE FOUND THAT IF WE MOVED THE STUFF IN THE TANK, THAT THEY WOULD NOT FIGHT WE MOVED IT AROUND PRETTY MUCH EVERY TIME WE DID A WATER CHANGE. ALSO IF YOU GET A SEA ANENME FOR YOUR CLOWN THEY WILL PLAY AND NOT FIGHT WITH THE TANG. GOOD LUCK

        "John L. Stubbs" <jlstubbs@...> wrote:Hi,

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2003
          Hi
          moveing the tank may be a good thing . As you put it back up it will be new
          and the fish may pick new areas . I like to move the rocks around every
          thime i add new fish. It seems to help
          George