skimmer for 40-gallon breeder tank

  • Marianne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2010
      I just purchased a drilled and piped 40-gallon breeder tank with stand, pump, heater and 20-gallon sump. I will be needing lights, wavemakers and a skimmer.

      Can you recommend a good, quiet in-sump skimmer for this size tank that would cost less than $200? Something that is easy to install (just plug it in) and comes with its own pump.

      Which skimmers should I stay away from (apart from Sea Clone)?

      Also I am getting confused about the terms pinwheel impellers, needle wheel impellers, air injection venturi, needle wheel with aspiring venturi, needle wheel pump with venturi air intake, mesh-wheel impeller... Which is best?

      Thank you.
      Marianne