Re: hi ~everyone

  • psyche_spades
    Message 1 of 128 , Nov 18, 2000
      oh?I really want to get a copy of that book.Since
      content,<br>I 'm just interested in it .You said it has nothing
      to do with Satan,I don't understand.<br>Maybe it's
      all about christianity,I think.<br><br>And also thank
      you so much~<br>hope we can be good friends
    • snow_beltreallydeep
      Message 128 of 128 , Jan 9, 2002
        I will keep my eyes open for your suggested
        title. With the controversy over The Satanic Verses we
        heard that Christianity hasn't been maligned in novels,
        and if it were, Christians would be very vocal in
        by Timothey Findlay is quite the version of Noah's
        Ark, and although I'm not a Christian, I kept glancing
        over my shoulder, on the look out for lightening bolts
        all the time I was reading it. (It is a brilliant
        book.)<br><br>I'm reading a John Updike novel now, "Toward the End
        of Time", seemingly written around the same time as
        The Satanic Verses, although the copyright date is
        1997. Updike's main character also moves through time,
        and becomes a main character in Biblical stories.
        Updike's work has a theological approach as well, and he
        finished it yet, but I wonder if anyone else in this
        discussion group has read it, and seen a similarity.
        works?