hi everybody!

  • julia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2003
      My name is Julia and I am new to this group. I haven't read Rushdie
      yet because I can't make up my mind which one I should read first :)
      I think it's going to be "The Moor's Last Sigh" ... Some people told
      me that "Midnight's Children" wasn't his best work, so what do you
      think?

      By the way, I am a linguistics student, and a book addict.

      I have founded a group of my own some time back, where we have
      discussion on many, many writers from all over Asia going on. There
      is not much Salman Rushdie discussion going on at the moment, but
      still the members of this group might enjoy it! It can be found at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asianauthors/ It would be great to see
      some new people there.

      Other writers I've read recently are Vikram Seth (who is supposed to
      have quarreled with Rushdie! You heard that? I LOVE his work...), Amy
      Tan, Amitav Ghosh, Haruki Murakami (Japanese writer), Banana
      Yoshimoto,...

      I look forward to talking to you!

      Kind regards
      Julia