170Censorship

  • finaldraft2000
    Oct 27, 2004
      I understand the problem the group has been having with spam lately.
      Still, does anyone find it a little ironic that messages are vetted
      (moderated). Surely Rushdie would laugh. A group dedicated to one of
      the staunchest supporters of free speech is censored. Mind you, I'm
      not complaining, but perhaps there are other solutions. Is there a way
      we can maintain the spirit of what Rushdie stands for while keeping
      spammers at bay; or is spam a price to be paid——allowing it,
      tolerating it, and thereby ensuring that no ones voice is stifled? Any
      thoughts or dissenting opinions?

      MDMullins
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic