WOULD YOU DIE FOR ME??

  • Salman Sher Mohammad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2009
      WOULD YOU DIE FOR  ME?

      A  young man called Ramaswami  died an untimely death. His parents, wife and nine year old son  were crying bitterly, sitting next to his dead body. They all  happened to be disciples of a holy man whom they called'Maharaj  Ji'.
      When Maharaj Ji learnt that  Ramaswami had died, he came to visit the family.He entered the  house and found the family wailing inconsolably. Seeing Maharaj  Ji, the wife started crying even louder. She sobbed saying,  "Maharaj Ji, he has died too early, he was so young.Oh! I would do  anything to make him alive again. What will happen to our son? I  am so helpless and miserable." Maharaj Ji tried to pacify the  crying lady and the old parents, but the loss was too much for  them to come to terms with so easily. Eventually, Maharaj Ji said,  "All right, get me a glass of water." Maharaj Ji sat near the dead  body and put the glass next to it. He said, "Now, who ever wants  that Ramaswami should become alive again may drink this water.  Ramaswami shall come back to life, but the person who drinks the  water shall die!"

      Silence!
      "Come, did you not say that  Ramaswami was the sole breadwinner of the family? Who would die  instead of him? It is a case of fair exchange, isn't  it?"

      The wife looked at the old  mother and the old mother looked at the wife. The old father  looked at Ramaswami's son. But no one came forward. Then Maharaj  Ji said to the old father,"Babuji, wouldn't you give your life for  your son?" The old man said,"Well, I have my responsibility  towards my wife. If I die who will look after her? I cannot offer  my life to you."

      MaharajJi looked  questioningly at the old woman and said, "Amma?" She said,"My  daughter is due to deliver her first baby. She will be coming to  stay for a month. If I die who will look after her and the  newborn. Why don't you ask Ramaswami'swife? "
      MaharajJi smiled and looked  at the young widow. She widened her tear filled eyes and  said,"Maharaj Ji, I need to live for my son. If I die, who will  look after him? He needs me. Please don't ask me to do  this."
      MaharajJi asked the son,  "Well little boy, would you like to give your life for your  father?" Before the boy could say anything, his mother pulled him  to her breast and said, "Maharaj Ji, are you insane? My son is  only nine. He has not yet lived his life. How could you even think  of such a thing?"

      MaharajJi said, "Well it  seems, that all of you are very much needed for the things you  need to do in this world. It seems Ramaswamiwas the only one that  could be spared. That is why God chose to take him away. So shall  we proceed with his last rites? It's getting late."
      Having said that,Maharaj Ji  got up and left.

      God's plan is impeccable.  Sometimes man is unable to understand God's design. The time of  entry and exit for each one of us, is in God's hands. It is His  prerogative alone to pluck the flower He wishes to. It is no  body's prerogative to question His will.

      In the words of Baba,"We tend  a plant only when the leaves are green;when they become dry and  the plant becomes a life-less stick, we stop loving it. Love lasts  as long as life exists."

      §ålmäñ §hèr MøhãmmâÐ
      A1@...

      If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

                    In Happy moments, praise God.
                    In Difficult moments, seek God.
                    In Quiet moments, worship God.
                    In Painful moments, trust God.