~*~ Gone are the Days, ...........But Not the Memories ~*~

  • Salman Sher Mohammad
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004

       Gone Are The Days, ...........But Not The Memories

      Gone are the days
      When the school reopened in June,
      And we settled in our new desks and benches.

      Gone are the days
      When we queued up in book depot,
      And got our new books and notes.

      Gone are the days
      When we wanted two Sundays and no Mondays, yet
      Managed to line up daily for the morning prayers.

      Gone are the days
      We learnt writing with slates and pencils, and progressed
      To fountain pens and ball pens and then micro tips.

      Gone are the days
      We began drawing with crayons and evolved to
      Colour pencils and finally sketch pens.

      Gone are the days
      We started calculating first with tables and then with
      Clarkes tables and advanced to calculators and computers.

      Gone are the days
      When we chased one another in the corridors in Intervals,
      And returned to the classrooms drenched in sweat.

      Gone are the days
      When we had lunch in classrooms, corridors,
      Playgrounds, under the trees and even in cycle sheds.

      Gone are the days
      When all the colours in the world,
      Decorated the campus on the Second Saturdays.

      Gone are the days
      When a single P.T. period in the week's Time Table,
      Was awaited more eagerly than the monsoons.

      Gone are the days
      When cricket was played with writing pads as bats,
      And Neckties and socks rolled into balls.

      Gone are the days
      When few played "kabadi" and "Co-Co" in scorching sun,
      While others simply played "book cricket" in the confines of
      classroom.

      Gone are the days
      Of fights but no conspiracies,
      Of Competitions but seldom jealousy.

      Gone are the days
      When we used to watch Live Cricket telecast,
      In the opposite house in Intervals and Lunch breaks.

      Gone are the days
      When few rushed at 3:45 to
      "Conquer" window seats in our School bus.

      Gone are the days
      While few others had "Big Fun", "pulippu muttai",
      "gulfi ice", "seeval ice !" and "pepsi !" at 4o Clock.

      Gone are the days
      Of Sports Day, and the annual School Day ,
      And the one-month long preparations for them.

      Gone are the days
      Of the stressful Quarterly, Half Yearly and Annual Exams,
      And the most enjoyed holidays after them.

      Gone are the days
      Of tenth and twelfth standards, when we
      Spent almost the whole year writing revision tests.

      Gone are the days
      We learnt, we enjoyed, we played, we won, we lost,
      We laughed, we cried, we fought, we thought.

      Gone are the days
      With so much fun in them, so many friends,
      So much experience, all this and more.

      Gone are the days
      But not the memories, which will be
      Lingering in our hearts for ever and ever and
      Ever and ever and Ever .....

      §ålmäñ §hèr MøhãmmâÐ
      A1@...

        If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

                    In Happy moments, praise God.
                    In Difficult moments, seek God.
                    In Quiet moments, worship God.
                    In Painful moments, trust God.