Fw: My Thoughts on Night Circus

  • Kim Rudeen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2012

      Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:22 PM
      Subject: My Thoughts on Night Circus

      As I turned every page I expected some gruesome and wicked happenings to occur.  The fantasy story was enjoyable but I had trouble following the time line and comparisons of the story line that is happening to each character.

      As I learned about the game it only bolstered feelings of foreboding.  The killing of one of the sisters at the train station was sinister yet the control over the members of the circus seemed to be playing itself out and not eliciting any horror to the events for me.

      I felt the book played the romance of Marco and Celia very well. And if I'm interpreting the ending correctly I guess love conquered all in the end.

      The writing of the magic was interesting but I'd never want to attend such a place if the world was different, it would be too frightening to my well-grounded mind.  I wouldn't be a circus reveirs groupie.

      Bev Rudeen