We can't make August 25th

  • Kim Rudeen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
      Bev and I won't be able to make the August 25th meeting. This is especially regretful because I believe it's my book, "Inferno" by Nivens & Pournelle, that was on the agenda.

      We've been trying to arrange for some time off after a hard month, particularly for Bev with her brother's death, the classes she's taking and all. The only time available was August 24-26.

      We'd be glad to reschedule to another Tuesday, earlier or later, or to another night other than August 24 or 26.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Kim & Bev
    • Judy
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
        Maybe we should just take August off? Rescheduling will be tough for me. Mary what do you think?

        On the other hand, I no longer need to reschedule September. I am dropping my classes. I will have met my rehire requirements for H&R Block and I need to step back and keep continuing to concentrate on the weight loss - which means a reasonable eating schedule. Classes mess that up.

        Judy

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
          I think rescheduling will be fine :) We'll just push your book to Sept. Kim. If you guys decide to stick to August, also no problem lol.

          mary

          ps-Becky, gearing out those cookies yet??
        • Judy
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
            Actually lets move your book to October Kim. When Elaine Isaak visited us at the last meeting we invited her to our September meeting to discuss The Singer's Crown.

            Elaine would you be able to join us on September 29th at 7:30 pm at the Salem Barnes and Noble? If you can't we understand, if you can we'd love to have you there!

            We need to come to the September meeting with a list of new picks - everyone put their thinking caps on.

            Judy

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
              Oh the pressure!!! lol

              mary
            • Kim Rudeen
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
                Skipping to October is fine with us.

                We shouldn't have any problem with September's meeting.

                Just let us know if the September book will be "The Singer's Crown", so we can pick up a copy.

                Kim & Bev