Pearls from Shaykh 'Uthaymeen's book Kitaabul 'Ilm - Pearl 6

  • AbdurRahman Meda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2010

      Pearls from Shaykh 'Uthaymeen's book Kitaabul 'Ilm - Pearl 6

      AbdurRahman.org | December 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM | Categories: Health, Ibadah, Islam, Tahara | URL: http://wp.me/p1VJ3-sm

      The Sheikh, Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen -rahimahullah- while mentioning the dangers of speaking without knowledge, said:

      There are many examples to illustrate (the dangers of) giving religious verdicts (fatwa) without knowledge.  From them:

      The verdict that a sick person, if his clothes become defiled and he is not able to clean them, he is informed that prayer is not obligatory upon him until he cleans his clothing.

      This verdict is a lie, a mistake and incorrect.  The sick individual prays, even if his clothes contain defilements.  In fact, even if impurities are on his body, and he is not able to clean them (he continues to perform prayer). As Allah says in the Quran (meaning):

      "Fear Allah to the best of your ability." [Surah at-Tagabun 64:16]

      Because of this mistaken, incorrect verdict, some Muslims die without praying.  If only they knew that the sick person prays in any state he may be in (according to one's ability), they would have died while still performing prayer.

      [Kitaabul 'Ilm pg. 79 Ar.]

      Related Links :

      Add a comment to this post

      --
      Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk.
      If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

      You are invited to join us in benefiting from the works of people of knowledge and the Inspiring Stories.