Torideyama's NPI recruitment invitation

  • Lon Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hello Yaocho Joe!

      I'm guessing (hoping) you are our oyakata now??? Anyway, I'm sure
      you've seen the all bore 'out there' recruitment missive Torideyama of
      NPI has just sent out. Can't let that pass by without pitching in
      something in response. I'm not sure where someone would send in a
      request to join our group at this moment but since it looks like all
      gloves are off now, we should surely jump in on this and let the folks
      know we're here and near, etc. etc.

      Would anyone wanting to join us send mail to your address right now?
      And what is the correct address now? We should let them know. This
      might be a great opportunity for us to go piggyback on this. BTW,
      isn't 'fun' and 'diverse group' used in the same sentence kind of
      scary in itself?????

      Shomishuu
    • Kuramarujo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
        On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 06:09 +0000, Lon Howard wrote:

        > I'm guessing (hoping) you are our oyakata now???

        That's the way it looks.

        > Anyway, I'm sure you've seen the all bore 'out there' recruitment
        > missive Torideyama of NPI has just sent out.

        Can't say I have but that doesn't mean anything. I think I'm getting
        mail lost on my server.

        > Can't let that pass by without pitching in something in response. I'm
        > not sure where someone would send in a request to join our group at
        > this moment but since it looks like all gloves are off now, we should
        > surely jump in on this and let the folks know we're here and near,
        > etc. etc.

        I'm all for a recruitment drive. But I think this time maybe a more
        subtle approach. We could use a slogan and just play off of it.
        Something like, "Sakura; The Bench Sumo Ichimon" (hopefully someone can
        actually think of something good to use).

        > Would anyone wanting to join us send mail to your address right now?
        > And what is the correct address now?

        Yes, send them to me. Use this address as it's my primary one. They
        can also just post to the BS list expressing interest and I can take it
        from there.

        > We should let them know. This might be a great opportunity for us to
        > go piggyback on this. BTW, isn't 'fun' and 'diverse group' used in
        > the same sentence kind of scary in itself?????

        Frightening. ;-)

        Kuramarujo

        --
        "Yaocho Joe" Klemmer
        http://www.webtrek.com/joe/sumo
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
          Hi, Sakurans! Got your entries in? Remember, you can use a dummy
          team, and change it any time before shonichi, but you have to have
          something in by Friday!

          --- Kuramarujowrote:

          > ---Lon Howard wrote:
          >>
          >> I'm guessing (hoping) you are our oyakata now???
          >
          > That's the way it looks.

          Congrats, K-jo-o (that last "o" is for "Oyakata", of course).
          I will update the Ichimon Pages. Best of luck managing your
          unruly hoarde. ;-) I'm sure you are more than up to the
          task. :-)

          chabonowaka-zeki... Sorry to see you go (from oyakata-ing, that
          is). I hope you get some breathing room in your real life soon.
          You were a fine leader for your little band o' ichimoners, and your
          ICF Gyoji will certainly miss you.
          BTW - you are in rareified air. Only Boltono-zeki & Yoma-zeki have
          survived bench sumo after dropping out of oyataka-hood.

          > I'm all for a recruitment drive. But I think this time maybe a more
          > subtle approach. We could use a slogan and just play off of it.
          > Something like, "Sakura; The Bench Sumo Ichimon" (hopefully
          > someone can actually think of something good to use).

          How about this (with an appropriate "Sakura" appended...
          http://ex.susd.org/jpeterson/images/Think_Pink.jpg

          Oh, and if anyone wants to join Massashigawa... ;-)

          Cheers,
          Takanorappa
          (Your friendly neighborhood ICF gyoji)