Re: [sakura_ichimon] first pass at a team for march

  • ando
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
      very good...
      sanyaku i completely agree
      maegashira
      choice 1: goeido... osaka is his home
      2: kitataiki,... far too low in banzuke
      3. okinoumi... very strong kid
      4. toyonoshima... looks like he wont get the top guys
      for the rest i wonder around
      aoiyama, tochinowaka, chiyonokuni, miyabiyama and homasho ( injury fully cured?)

      t-shin disappointed me a bit last basho, so did aran.
      myogiryu and wakakoyu are pretty strong, but now they face stronger opponents....
      a bit worried about a 6-9 or 5-10 for them.

      let's go sakura!

      Am 28.02.2012 um 21:34 schrieb chabo <munkykiller@...>:

      hi folks,

      i've been going through things, and getting my expectations together for how i expect things to go in the coming basho, and this is the first pass team i've come up with.

      looking for comments here:

      y  hakuho
      o  baruto   (2nd choice, kisenosato)
      s  kakuryu
      k  tochiozan (don't think gagamaru's ready yet. but i won't tell viki about that.)
      m  m4 toyonoshima
      m  m6 goeido
      m  m9 okinoumi
      m  m10 aoiyama
      m  m13 kitataiki
      m  m13 wakanosato (i should probably rethink that one)

      others i had as close in maegashira:

      m4 aran
      m3 tochinoshin
      m12 fujiazuma
      m10 sadanofuji
      m1 myogiryu  (is he ready for his comeuppance yet?)

      thoughts?

      also, get your teams in!

      chabo
    • Benjamin Guthrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
        I agree completely with your sanyaku picks. and most of your maegashira picks also look like must haves to me, I agree about rethinking Wakanosato. I might suggest you take a look at Miyabiyama, at his position from his fall from Komusubi, he might do quite well. He is at least a safe bet for KK I think. Also I went with Wakakoyu  instead of aoiyama, though that is more of a personal choice, as Aoiyama is a decent bet for a good performance, but Wakakoyu did excellent for his first go around in sanyaku I thought.

        I also considered Shohozan, but just because I like the ferocity of his tsupari attack, really fun to watch.

        Saruyama (THE monkey who is gonna get back in Makunouchi dammit!)

        To: sakura_ichimon@yahoogroups.com