january help

  • chabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2011
      hi peoples,

      i noticed upon my return that i am really rusty on who's who in makuuchi these days. you'll note that i was terrible in kyushu. so after the banzuke comes out, i expect that i'll be sending something out to the gang, hoping to get some pointers about who looks good and who looks not really so much. also, and i'm sure i've mentioned this before, i used to like to use Bandey's (nekonishiki's) site to gauge who was at what point on the elevator, but he hasn't updated that in about two years. so i also need to know where folks are going these days for recent basho results per rikishi. i'd hope for at least a year back to see folks apparent mk/kk safe line. if you see what i mean.

      anyway, more on this when the banzuke comes out, but since i'm back, i figured i would keep things fresh in the rest of your minds, too. :)

      all for now,

      chabo
    • Joe Klemmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2011
        On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 14:39 -0500, chabo wrote:

        > i noticed upon my return that i am really rusty on who's who in
        > makuuchi these days. you'll note that i was terrible in kyushu. so
        > after the banzuke comes out, i expect that i'll be sending something
        > out to the gang, hoping to get some pointers about who looks good and
        > who looks not really so much. also, and i'm sure i've mentioned this
        > before, i used to like to use Bandey's (nekonishiki's) site to gauge
        > who was at what point on the elevator, but he hasn't updated that in
        > about two years. so i also need to know where folks are going these
        > days for recent basho results per rikishi. i'd hope for at least a
        > year back to see folks apparent mk/kk safe line. if you see what i
        > mean.

        FWIW, I have been clueless ever since at least early last year. It's
        been a long time since I've been able to follow what's actually
        happening in the world of Sumo. Hell, I didn't even know Mikey retired
        from the latest scandal until three bashos after the fact. Ever since
        Mario-san fell off the face of the planet I've been less than useful
        towards the goal of getting another flag for Sakura. :-(

        > anyway, more on this when the banzuke comes out, but since i'm back, i
        > figured i would keep things fresh in the rest of your minds, too. :)

        My mind is more like stale mud these days.

        K-jo

        --
        Joe Klemmer <klemmerj@...>
        Dis