anybody still out there?

  • chabo
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2011
      hi sakurans,

      so what's going on with the little ichimon lately? you may or may not have noticed that i did a big ol' disappearing act there for a while. welp, i'm back. and now i'm wondering who's still around? have the scandals gotten to anyone else? or just the business of living? i see K-jo, Saruyama, and Rubensan are active for the current basho, so we've thinned a bit.

      well, anywho, greetings to all, feel free to yell back if you're still hanging around.

      chabo - i'm baaaaaaaack    :)
    • Kuramarujo
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2011
        On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 14:43 -0400, chabo wrote:

        > so what's going on with the little ichimon lately? you may or may not
        > have noticed that i did a big ol' disappearing act there for a while.
        > welp, i'm back. and now i'm wondering who's still around? have the
        > scandals gotten to anyone else? or just the business of living? i see
        > K-jo, Saruyama, and Rubensan are active for the current basho, so
        > we've thinned a bit.

        I wouldn't say I was "active" in that it's likely to be a droning basho.
        But I'm in. AFAIK, I have not missed a basho in Bench Sumo since I
        joined.

        > well, anywho, greetings to all, feel free to yell back if you're still
        > hanging around.

        I do have to say that the scandals have gotten me down, some. It's
        nearly taken the joy out of Sumo. But I have to believe things will
        correct themselves soon.

        --
        Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
        Sakura Ichimon | http://www.sakura-ichimon.co.cc
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2011
          There's a basho again?  Oh crap....

          I thought everyone was still all figuring out what to do since there's no beforehand knowledge of the matches.....

          -- Sarunojima

          On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM, chabo <munkykiller@...> wrote:

          hi sakurans,

          so what's going on with the little ichimon lately? you may or may not have noticed that i did a big ol' disappearing act there for a while. welp, i'm back. and now i'm wondering who's still around? have the scandals gotten to anyone else? or just the business of living? i see K-jo, Saruyama, and Rubensan are active for the current basho, so we've thinned a bit.

          well, anywho, greetings to all, feel free to yell back if you're still hanging around.

          chabo - i'm baaaaaaaack    :)

        • Benjamin Guthrie
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2011
            I'm still here, I never miss a basho. Though I see from you email that you already noticed that. Hopefully we can get a few more back, or this is gonna become the smallest Heya in BS. Do we have lower participation than DeSuGi this basho?

            Saruyama

            To: sakura_ichimon@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , May 12, 2011
              On Thu, 12 May 2011, Nicholas Doyle wrote:

              > There's a basho again? Oh crap....
              >
              > I thought everyone was still all figuring out what to do since there's
              > no beforehand knowledge of the matches.....

              They set something up that's working, though I have no idea what
              or how. I'm way behind on the list(s), as usual. This is considered an
              exhibition basho, though, so results won't impact the BS Banzuke. Or so
              I'm told. :-P

              --
              Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
              http://www.webtrek.com/joe/sumo
              Message 6 of 9 , May 12, 2011

                >> There's a basho again? Oh crap....
                >>
                >> I thought everyone was still all figuring out what to do since there's
                >> no beforehand knowledge of the matches.....

                >They set something up that's working, though I have no idea what
                >or how. I'm way behind on the list(s), as usual. This is considered an
                >exhibition basho, though, so results won't impact the BS Banzuke. Or so
                >I'm told. :-P

                Actually they are realeasing the next days matches beforehand like usual, so Bench is working just fine for this basho.

                Saruyama (THE very happy monkey)

              • Kuramarujo
                Message 7 of 9 , May 12, 2011
                  On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 03:27 +0900, Benjamin Guthrie wrote:

                  > Actually they are realeasing the next days matches beforehand like
                  > usual, so Bench is working just fine for this basho.

                  That;s fine by me but they better not be counting this basho for the
                  Banzuke. I don't need any help falling down the ranks.

                  > Saruyama (THE very happy monkey)

                  What you so happy about? :-)

                  --
                  Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
                  Sakura Ichimon | http://www.sakura-ichimon.co.cc
                • Dean Gutberlet
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 12, 2011
                    I'm with Baruto.......this whole basho plaything sucks, I am boycotting!

                    chabo <munkykiller@...> wrote:

                    >hi sakurans,
                    >
                    >so what's going on with the little ichimon lately? you may or may not have
                    >noticed that i did a big ol' disappearing act there for a while. welp, i'm
                    >back. and now i'm wondering who's still around? have the scandals gotten to
                    >anyone else? or just the business of living? i see K-jo, Saruyama, and
                    >Rubensan are active for the current basho, so we've thinned a bit.
                    >
                    >well, anywho, greetings to all, feel free to yell back if you're still
                    >hanging around.
                    >
                    >chabo - i'm baaaaaaaack :)
                  • Benjamin Guthrie
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 12, 2011
                      Don't worry,

                      >> Actually they are realeasing the next days matches beforehand like
                      >> usual, so Bench is working just fine for this basho.

                      >That;s fine by me but they better not be counting this basho for the
                      >Banzuke. I don't need any help falling down the ranks.

                      Don't worry it doesn't count. Just for fun this time.

                      >> Saruyama (THE very happy monkey)

                      >What you so happy about? :-)

                      SUMO!

                      Saruyama (THE monkey mountain)