Sakura final results Hatsu 2009

  • chabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      hi sakurans and others,

      i realize this is both little and late, but i really wanted to send out something for our final results in Hatsu.

      overall, it wasn't a terrible basho, we had mirroring sakurans at 12-3, 3-12, 10-5, 5-10, and 9-6, 6-9. and the rest of the gang went 7-8. so we fell just below kachi koshi as a group, even though we were 3-7 kk vs mk.

      our big player this basho was Chibi_Imo, with her 12-3 Jonidan yusho. apparently the beatings have been working. :)  since i didn't get to the daily sakura emails, i'll just go with naming her our Sakuran star of the basho.

      in MCP, we had a top 5'er, but it wasn't Chibi_zeki. instead it was the mk Rubensan, unfair! Chibi_imo was 21st, and also mk Rannohana was 27th in MCP. Also, sekihiryu at 36 and K-jo at 40 made the top 40 for MCP, so nice work by that group. we'll just not mention the kids below the axis of mediocrity in the MCP. :)

      in other news, Rubensan also got makuuchi no cigar prize, and that's the only other prize i know of us winning.

      here's everyone's records, rank, and some other info:

      Chibi_IMO - 12-3 - from Jonidan 9E. Chibi-zeki won her division's Yusho, and was a strong start for Sakura Ichimon nearly every day. she will be competing in Sandanme next basho.

      Sarunojima - 7-8 - from Jonidan 7E. he was just one off of the olk kk. if there is a drop, it will be a small one.

      Uiriikenshoryu - 7-8 - from Jonidan 1W. another one who was very close to kk, but not quite.

      Kuramarujo - 10-5 - from Sandanme 12E. K-jo was one off the Sandanme jun-yusho pace, very nice. he should be very close to Makushita promotion. if he makes it, it won't be without precedent.

      sekihiryu - 9-6 - from the Sandanme 1W spot, sekihiryu will be well into the Makushita division for next time.

      Taniazuma - 5-10 - from Makushita 10W. this should keep Taniazuma in Makushita, though it looks like he will be leapt over by sekihiryu

      chabonowaka - 6-9 - from Makuuchi 8E. i'm safe for staying in makuuchi, but i need to get back on track. i did really well early last year, but have fallen apart recently.

      Shomishuu - 3-12 - from Makuuchi 4W. i don't think Shomishuu will drop further down than me for next basho, but either way, we'll be really close together.

      Rubensan - 7-8 - from Komusubi E. Rubensan lost his kk on senshuraku, and will have to fight next basho to get back into the sanyaku.

      Rannohana - 7-8 - from Sekiwake 2W. Rannohana will drop, and i think from a note from rijicho last basho that he will actually drop to maegashira ranks. not sure though. also lost his kk on the final day.

    • Joe Klemmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        chabo wrote:

        > our big player this basho was Chibi_Imo, with her 12-3 Jonidan yusho.
        > apparently the beatings have been working. :) since i didn't get to
        > the daily sakura emails, i'll just go with naming her our Sakuran star
        > of the basho.

        I whole heartedly agree.

        > Kuramarujo - 10-5 - from Sandanme 12E. K-jo was one off the Sandanme
        > jun-yusho pace, very nice. he should be very close to Makushita
        > promotion. if he makes it, it won't be without precedent.

        This is the first time I have reached double digit wins. My previous
        high rank was Makushita 19 so maybe, with luck, I can get back around
        there by the summer.

        K-jo