did everyone get a team in?

  • Brinkman, Chad
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
      i just put my team in yesterday, and am wondering if everyone got one in. i could probably check the dohyo-iris to see, but figured i would check in a mail to the group. actually, i think i'll go check a while anyway.

      and while i'm here, do any sakurans have any interesting news on things that may be going on in their lives? perhaps new additions to the family? just in case i'll put out a preliminary congratulations to Uiriikenshoryu. hope all is well with your gang.

      chabonowaka
    • Mike Charlton
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
        I put my team in.

        But...  Did anyone know about Shimotori?  This is the second straight basho I've started a man short.  I've got to start paying attention.  Sigh...  Oh well, ganbarimasu!

        I wanted to drag my roommate in this basho, but he's super busy at work right now, so no go.  Oh well again.

        Good luck to everyone!!!!

                 Koishi

      • Joe Klemmer
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
          On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 08:33 -0500, Brinkman, Chad wrote:

          > i just put my team in yesterday, and am wondering if everyone got one
          > in. i could probably check the dohyo-iris to see, but figured i would
          > check in a mail to the group. actually, i think i'll go check a while
          > anyway.

          I'm in. Only $DEITY knows how I'll to this basho. I went for rikishi
          I either didn't know at all or would not normally choose. I'm trying to
          break out of the 8-7 mold. Hopefully it will be a break up and not
          down.

          > and while i'm here, do any sakurans have any interesting news on
          > things that may be going on in their lives? perhaps new additions to
          > the family? just in case i'll put out a preliminary congratulations to
          > Uiriikenshoryu. hope all is well with your gang.

          Well, I've been going for acupuncture lately. The preliminary results
          are very encouraging. A normal day for me consists of deciding what
          task I will do; Laundry, Dishes, Garbage, Shower/Dress... I've only
          been able to get one thing done per day. But last Wednesday I did the
          laundry and got showered/dressed in the same day.

        • Mike Charlton
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
            Duh...

            Just realized I was still able to change my lineup.  Phew!

            I've gone with the mythical all-japanese (where possible) lineup this time.  Should be fun.  Hope I do better than my traditional 7-8.

                      Koishi

          • Chandra Reyer
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
              My team is in, but I may be droning this basho. :(

              Actually, I'm droning in real life too. :P The baby
              was born on October 22nd. The sonogramist was right,
              the baby is a girl. But we're in that first month,
              multiple middle of the night feedings phase.

              Uiriikenshoryu

              --- "Brinkman, Chad" <Monkey@...> wrote:

              > i just put my team in yesterday, and am wondering if
              > everyone got one in. i could probably check the
              > dohyo-iris to see, but figured i would check in a
              > mail to the group. actually, i think i'll go check a
              > while anyway.
              >
              > and while i'm here, do any sakurans have any
              > interesting news on things that may be going on in
              > their lives? perhaps new additions to the family?
              > just in case i'll put out a preliminary
              > congratulations to Uiriikenshoryu. hope all is well
              > with your gang.
              >
              > chabonowaka

              __________________________________
              http://farechase.yahoo.com
            • Joe Klemmer
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 06:01 -0800, Chandra Reyer wrote:

                > My team is in, but I may be droning this basho. :(
                >
                > Actually, I'm droning in real life too. :P The baby
                > was born on October 22nd. The sonogramist was right,
                > the baby is a girl.

                Huge and heartfelt congratulations!

                > But we're in that first month, multiple middle of the night feedings
                > phase.

                I better not mention how my son was sleeping through the night at 2wks
                old, then, huh... <GDaR>

              • Mike Charlton
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                  On 11/11/05, Joe Klemmer <joe@...> wrote:
                  But last Wednesday I did the
                  laundry and got showered/dressed in the same day.

                   I know you make fun of this a lot, but I think it's important not to lose sight of accomplishments like that.  Everyone has challenges, these are yours.  That seems awsome to me, so keep it up!  Ganbare!!!!

                  And congrats to Uiriikenshoryu!!!  Sleep when you can :-)  Any pictures?

                        Koishi

                • Chandra Reyer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                    --- Mike Charlton <mikekchar@...> wrote:

                    > And congrats to Uiriikenshoryu!!! Sleep when you can
                    > :-) Any pictures?
                    >
                    > Koishi

                    I uploaded a couple into our photo area.

                    Uiriikenshoryu

                    __________________________________
                    http://farechase.yahoo.com
                  • Joe Klemmer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                      On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 08:49 -0800, Chandra Reyer wrote:

                      > > And congrats to Uiriikenshoryu!!! Sleep when you can
                      > > :-) Any pictures?
                      > >
                      > I uploaded a couple into our photo area.

                      Hey, wouldn't this be our first baby Sakuran? What's her Shikona?

                    • Joe Klemmer
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                        On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 10:03 -0500, Mike Charlton wrote:

                        > I know you make fun of this a lot,

                        I do. I guess it's a coping mechanism or something.

                        > but I think it's important not to lose sight of accomplishments like
                        > that. Everyone has challenges, these are yours. That seems awsome to
                        > me, so keep it up! Ganbare!!!!

                        Thank you very much. That's appreciated.

                        > And congrats to Uiriikenshoryu!!! Sleep when you can :-) Any
                        > pictures?

                        I love babies. Well, kids in general. I had always wanted a big
                        family but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. At least not so far. :-)

                        Dictionary reference-

                        Optimistic \Op`ti*mis"tic\, a.
                        1. Hopeful; sanguine; as, an optimistic view.
                        2. An out of work, disabled single parent looking for a new home with
                        many bedrooms and a nursery that is in a good school district.

                        :-)

                      • Mike Charlton
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                          On 11/11/05, Chandra Reyer <greyshi@...> wrote:

                          --- Mike Charlton <mikekchar@...> wrote:

                          > :-) Any pictures?

                          I uploaded a couple into our photo area.

                          Definite cutie :-)  She seems quite active.  Looks like you'll have your hands full :-)

                               Koishi

                        • Brinkman, Chad
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                            wait, i am being dumb. what photo area? i get the feeling that the answer to this question is ridiculously obvious. but then i am ridiculously oblivious, so it all balances out.

                            in the meanwhile, let me second (or is that third?) the congratulations. i look forward to seeing the photos. i, like Joe, am a baby person. i have not been shy about holding babies since my sister gave birth to her first, my first nephew. since then whenever i see a baby, no matter how young, i'm always asking to hold him/her. to me there is nothing cooler than when they look at you, and that's all they know in the world is the eyes looking back at them. folks at work thought it was weird at first (well they still think i'm weird, but that's another story) when the girls at work have babies they usually bring them in within a couple of weeks, and there i am holding the kid. i can even usually hold the "oh, he/she won't let anyone else hold him/her" children. babies are simply the best thing ever. (sorry about the rambling there.)

                            also, i want to second Koishi's gambare type statement to Kuramarujo. well put. i sincerely hope things get (considerably) better for you.

                            i thought there was something else, but i can't think of what, so hooray for babies. oh, my older daughter was starting to sleep through the night after about two or three weeks too, but then when she was six weeks old we moved back from japan to the usa. that killed that for a couple of months. :)

                            chabonowaka

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
                              On 11/11/05, Brinkman, Chad <Monkey@...> wrote:
                              wait, i am being dumb. what photo area? i get the feeling that the answer to this question is ridiculously obvious. but then i am ridiculously oblivious, so it all balances out.

                              If you look at the spam at the bottom of all the messages, you'll see a link to the Yahoo group.
                              For your convenience:

                              Then log in and select Photos on the left hand side.

                              Hope that helps!

                                                Koishi