Status of the server/list

  • Joe Klemmer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 7:01 PM
      Originally sent Apr 30, 2007 8:51 AM

      Well, as always, there were complications. I worked on it till 1am
      then pretty much fell out. I'm 90% of the way there, just need to get
      the firewall configured to use the DMZ (if you don't know what that
      all means don't worry; it's techie for the boxes won't talk to each
      other). I'll be working on it all day today so the list "should" be
      back up relatively soon.

      I greatly apologize for the outage and promise not only to get it back
      up asap but, once it's up, make some major improvements on the web
      interface for the list.

      I'm sending to you all because I have your email in my address book.
      Please pass this on to as many people as you can. And again, if
      anyone needs to reach me (say, to bitch me out about the delay getting
      things back up) use this address [joe.klemmer@...].

      Thanks all and again apologies for the downtime,
      K-jo, who is not feeling very techie today

      --
      Exit light; enter night.
    • Joe Klemmer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 7:05 PM
        > Well, as always, there were complications.

        And, as is ever true, even more complications. I've got inbound
        access to the box for mail, web, ssh, etc... It seems that it just
        doesn't want to let anything outbound. This has got to be a routing
        issue (maybe) or a firewall issue (likely). I'll keep hammering the
        damned thing until one of us is beaten into submission. Hopefully
        that won't be me.

        Any techies out there who live within a reasonable driving distance of
        Dale City, VA?

        --
        Exit light; enter night.