Are we ready?

  • Kuramarujo
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hello fellow Sakurans!

      How is the Ichomon membership doing? Getting ready to kick some
      frosty butt? Is there evey anyone out there? I have to check the Yahoo
      Groups pages to be sure but it seems that there's been no one posting
      anything here. I've sent offline email to Mario-zeki but I think he's
      very busy with his Heya.

      On the new membership drive front. I have sent follow-up but
      still no responce. If anyone happens to be in personal contact with him
      maybe just check. He might not be getting my email.

      I also sent an invitation to Matjilla but haven't heard from him
      either. If I were a paranoid man...

      Wait.

      I _am_ a paranoid man!

      You must all be conspiring to overthrow my Oyakataship.

      You can't have my toys! They're mine! MINE! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!

      --
      Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
      http://www.webtrek.com/joe/sumo
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
        I'm under a few feet of snow. But I am using the opportunity to practice my pushing techniques on the snow. It's a different sort of frosty and without a heya, but it'll have to do.

        Uiriikenshoryu of a different kind of frozen north.

[...]

        Looking for earth-friendly autos?
      • Marionoumi
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
          > Hello fellow Sakurans!
          >
          > How is the Ichomon membership doing? Getting ready to kick some
          > frosty butt? Is there evey anyone out there? I have to check the Yahoo
          > Groups pages to be sure but it seems that there's been no one posting
          > anything here. I've sent offline email to Mario-zeki but I think he's
          > very busy with his Heya.

          You did? Strangely I don't know anything about it.... Or did u sent it to
          my webtrek-address?

          Hm, honestly speaking, it is quite likely that the higokuni-beya will be
          absent this time - somehow we are quite busy recently, as our garden is now
          under reconstruction with help from an architect and a landscape
          designer.... So there has been very little additional time besides our
          chores.

          marionoumi
        • Rubén Sánchez
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
            I've just sent a semidummy entry. I have just picked some who gave a good first impression to me, but I haven't read yet any news, and I haven't think about this team more than 2 minutes. Now it's time to think deeper about which rikishis should we choose. Any ideas? This is my current entry.

            Here is your entry, Rubensan:

            Yokozuna   :  Asashoryu
            Ozeki      :  Hakuho
            Sekiwake   :  Kotomitsuki
            Komusubi   :  Ama
            Maegashira :  Miyabiyama Roho Tamanoshima Iwakiyama Hakurozan
                          Wakanosato
            Rubensan

            I'm protected by SpamBrave

          • chabo
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007
              hi all,

              i'm here too. i sent in a dummy team a few days ago too. do we have our 10 this basho? i haven't been checking in on the ichimon at all since the last basho. oh wait, we have another week, don't we? good then, i will have to use this week to get a better team in. we seem to be going through something of a communication lull, and i'm definitely participating in a not participating sort of way. but i'll be there as i (almost) always am during the basho, hovering in lower makuuchi/upper juryo. anyway, i'll see if i can find something more interesting to say about the upcoming basho.

              also, Mario-zeki, will you be too busy to do your daily updates again this basho? i should have asked last basho, but i just sort of never did. if you won't be doign the big daily updates, i'll do my smaller version of those that i used to do, just to get something in on a daily basis.

              in the meanwhile, GO SAKURA!!!

              chabonowaka

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 15:10 +0900, Marionoumi wrote:

                > You did? Strangely I don't know anything about it.... Or did u sent
                > it to my webtrek-address?

                I sent it to some address associated with your name but can't remember
                which. Not critical, though.

                > Hm, honestly speaking, it is quite likely that the higokuni-beya will
                > be absent this time - somehow we are quite busy recently, as our
                > garden is now under reconstruction with help from an architect and a
                > landscape designer.... So there has been very little additional time
                > besides our chores.

                Then we'll see you in Natsu. This just means the rest of us have to
                gambarize our game.

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                  On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 17:59 +0100, Rubén Sánchez wrote:

                  > Komusubi : Ama

                  I'm unsure of Ama. He seems to do well until he gets into Sanyaku then
                  runs into a wall.

                  As for my picks, they keep changing on an hourly basis so I'm no help.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2007

                    I have doubts also with Ama, but I don't think Tokitenku is a very good alternative. The good thing about Ama is that he usually keeps a same line during a basho. If he starts losing, you just must bench him and that's it. He he starts winning, you can trust him, because he will keep winning the rest of the basho. Tokitenku will probably have a more standard result (6-9 to 9-6), but I think it will be harder to predict when will he win.

                    Rubensan