Re: [sakura_ichimon] Oyakata Challenge feedback...

  • chabo
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      i liked it too, possibly more so because we won, but it looks like something fun that should be continued. i was only sad that i wasn't put higher in the points. :) just kidding. i'm sure that helped out in the end. i was stanky this basho. but again, i enjoyed following the results.

      chabonowaka

      On 1/25/07, Mike Charlton <mikekchar@...> wrote:

      I liked it.  It definitely helped me think of the ichimon as
      more of a team than I normally do.  Normally I'm thinking
      only about my own performance and trying to win for
      that.  Even though we have the ICF, somehow that seems
      a bit more distant in that my contribution to the team
      isn't as obvious to me.  But if my Oyakata puts me in
      the points... well that's makes the team thing seem a
      lot more close.

              Koishi

      On 1/25/07, Jezz <jejima@...> wrote:

      Hi Sakurans!

      I would like to know what you thought about the Oyakata Challenge.
      Please forget for a second that your Oyakata easily walked it. Did
      you find the challenge interesting? Would you like more of it, to be
      opened up to all Oyakatas, when it would basically be each Oyakata
      would meet each of the others twice in a basho?

      I personally think this would be / could be a lot of fun, but I would
      like to know what you think before we progress much further :)

      All the best,

      Jejima

    • Timely Writer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
        I enjoyed it too.
        Sorry for not posting
        as much as I should. I
        want you to know that
        I enjoy all the Sakura
        and BS-related activities
        and that I'm still happy
        to be a Sakuran. Now, if
        I can just get off this
        VIII-VII jag and score some
        big wins, like X-V or XI-IV.

        Sunibono

        --- In sakura_ichimon@yahoogroups.com, Jezz <jejima@...> wrote:

        > Hi Sakurans!
        >
        > I would like to know what you thought about the Oyakata Challenge.
        > Please forget for a second that your Oyakata easily walked it. Did
        > you find the challenge interesting? Would you like more of it, to be
        > opened up to all Oyakatas, when it would basically be each Oyakata
        > would meet each of the others twice in a basho?
        >
        > I personally think this would be / could be a lot of fun, but I would
        > like to know what you think before we progress much further :)
        >
        > All the best,
        >
        > Jejima

      • Kuramarujo
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
          On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Timely Writer wrote:

          > I enjoyed it too. Sorry for not posting as much as I should. I want you
          > to know that I enjoy all the Sakura and BS-related activities and that
          > I'm still happy to be a Sakuran. Now, if I can just get off this
          > VIII-VII jag and score some big wins, like X-V or XI-IV.

          Heh, some of us would be happy to get VII-VIII. I think I'm in a
          real slump. The stats for Nagoya '06 are unavailable but I think I only
          had one KK last year.

          K-jo