    Sep 21, 2013
      I meant to enter this basho, but we had visitors and I totally forgot :-(  I will try next basho.  We are moving back to Japan next August so it will be a lot easier for me to follow sumo.  I can't wait to get back.  England is very nice, but I miss Japan terribly...

      Daifuku

      On 21 September 2013 05:15, Ando Y. Nishiki <andonishiki@...> wrote:

      yeah - SAKURA is still alive and will NEVER die.
      kamogawa missed the deadline as well, despite me telling him 7 days before..... arrrrgh
      I'm positive on one more newbie for kyushu basho, lets keep fingers crossed.
      Unfortunately I will start a new job soon, so my free time will be less, but hey... one always finds a few minutes for bench !

      GO SAKURA

      From: Benjamin Guthrie <archbishopshaggy@...>
      To: Sakura Ichimon <sakura_ichimon@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:09 AM
      Subject: RE: [sakura_ichimon] we're not dead yet

      I will be back next basho. And all the ones after that.

      Saruyama

      To: sakura_ichimon@yahoogroups.com
      From: munkykiller@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:39:22 -0400
      Subject: [sakura_ichimon] we're not dead yet

      howdy all,

      i'm back actually participating in my first bench basho in a good long while, i mean actually participating. looks like things in chabo's world are calming down a bit, and hopefully this can be more of a regular occurrence. i've said things like that before though, so we'll see.

      so, what i've done is i've gone and checked who else is currently benching, and it looks like we're pretty darn small these days, for active folks. to the tune of 4 this basho.

      active sakurans are:

      rubensan
      sekihiryu
      andonishiki
      chabo

      saruyama juuuuust missed the deadline, so he's out for this basho. chibi is showing increasing interest, and i'll call her a 50/50 for november. but then, with my recent attendance rates, i can't be considered anything above that myself.

      i'm not sure when the last participation was for the others. do any other still consider themselves active participants in the game? rannohana? k-jo? sarunojima? kamogawa? daifuku? anyone else who's been gone longer?

      holler back if you're still alive in the world of sakura/bench

      chabo

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic