Re: S-9 LANDINGS

  • cifhp
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 25, 2005
      --- In sakaos@yahoogroups.com, "cifhp" <cifhp@y...> wrote:
      > --- In sakaos@yahoogroups.com, "Juan Amestoy" <juanames@h...> wrote:
      > > Good Day
      > I installed the flaperon control between the right longeron tube
      and
      > diagonal brace. I found the control to dificult to reach the way it
      > was described by Rans (to mount under the seat). All my controls,
      > other than fuel shut off, are on the right. The Matco brake control
      > is on the lower seat tube, as are the shut off switch and the
      > throttle/trim control. My plane as recieved, had The ailerons at 0
      > degrees static. Because of the slack in the control system the
      angle
      > changes to negative deflection in flight. My fist takeoff used 725'
      > of my 600' runway. Lucky for the open field and for me. I made it
      up
      > without rolling my S9 into a ball in the field. On climbout the
      angle
      > of attack was steep, and to me, uncomfortable. I landed at a
      friends
      > strip and by the next week end lowered the ailerons to a positive
      10
      > degrees. What a difference. Off the ground in 25o', on the ground
      in
      > 300 including a braked rollout, increased climbout rate at a lower
      > angle of attack, but 5 mph less cruise. The option was clear, I
      > purchased the flaperon kit and installed it. Now I use -3 for
      cruise
      > and 0 or +7 for landing. I prerer 0 for x winds and +7 for short
      > field.
      > The quality and price for the flaperon kit is very good. The design
      > is safe. If teh cable system fails, the default is fully
      functionable
      > controls.
      > Time to go flying now
      > DAVE
      Pardon me, I said the controls on right. Not!
      They are on left.
      I will try to get a picture to you.
      Now, I am going flying
      Dave
    • Phil L
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 25, 2005
        Who says you have to mount the control handle where Rans mounted it.It
        could easily be located opposite of the throttle or anywhere for
        convienant reach.
        I uploaded a picture of the flaperon mixer system in the photo
        section. I downloaded it some time ago from Mark Pensenstadler site.
        He may have some more detailed pictures there.
      • C.Bishoff
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 26, 2005

          Thanks Dave I really appreciate the info and I will use it well, you have answered some really important isues for me that I had not even thought about as yet .I should be picking my s9 up from the docks on Tuesday

          Regards

          Chris Bishoff

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 26, 2005

            Thanks John how  are you enjoying the s10 and what engine are you using

            Regards

            Chris Bishoff

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 26, 2005

              Hi Phil I have had a look for the pic in the photo section and cant seem to find it which photo number was it

              Regards

              Chris Bishoff

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 26, 2005
                Since Yahoo has changed this site. I too have difficulty sometime in
                veiwing the pics in the photo section. I use Netscape so I don't know
                if that is the problem. Netscape does not interface well with some
                sites Probably an intentional fault built by Microsoft so you'll get
                fed up and switch to I:E.
                Chris, If you go to the photo section, it will show the first 16, if
                it does'nt, hit reload several times, that has worked for me. then
                click on "next page" (17) and if that does'nt show, hit reload till it
                does. Thanks Yahoo for the pain in the ass.

                --- In sakaos@yahoogroups.com, "C.Bishoff" <cbishoff@T...> wrote:
                > Hi Phil I have had a look for the pic in the photo section and cant
                seem to
                > find it which photo number was it
                >
                > Regards
                >
                > Chris Bishoff
                >
                > _____

                ocs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.