Rans S10 compared to a Citabria

  • ron_d_hill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2012
      Well, I want an entry level aerobatic plane... Been having this debate with myself for quite some time.

      The local aerobatic guys all recommend the 7KCAB.

      Anyone flown both that can give me an idea about the differences in performance?

      Looking to compare the 582 powered vs the 7KCAB particularly.

      Thanks
    • Bryan

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2012
          The greatest difference you will notice will be inertia. Both the
          Citabia and the Pitts weigh more than the S10 and build a lot of kinetic
          energy. Both require power management, whereas the S10 you can set the
          throttle and play. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
          Mike

          Bryan wrote:

          > Yes I have the 7kcab is a great trainer very forgiving everything
          > happens slow and the s10 is Avery response aircraft more like Pitts any
          > more question s just email me Bryan Roberts
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Jun 21, 2012, at 7:36 PM, "ron_d_hill" <Ron@...
          > <mailto:Ron@...>> wrote:
          >

          >> Well, I want an entry level aerobatic plane... Been having this debate
          >> with myself for quite some time.
          >>
          >> The local aerobatic guys all recommend the 7KCAB.
          >>
          >> Anyone flown both that can give me an idea about the differences in
          >> performance?
          >>
          >> Looking to compare the 582 powered vs the 7KCAB particularly.
          >>
          >> Thanks
        • RexG
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2012
            I always set the Citabria at cruise power and do acro, never touch it unless I'm overspeeding out of a dive or a "mistake" heh heh...