s9 and s10 photos from Argentina

  • Ernesto Acerbo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2009
    Dear, I send to the group some photos from Argentina

    Sincerely

    Ernesto Acerbo

    http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
  • melinda robertson
    Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009
      Gregg,

      I recall you had a question about 618 engine offset.  I had a look at my S10 this weekend and there is no down thrust offset.  I do have side offset.  The engine mount has one washer between the engine mount and fuselage attachment on the pilots side and 3 washers between the engine mount and fuselage on the passenger side.  Standard 1/4" AN hardware for the engine mount bolts and washers. 582 engine.

      Hope this helps.
      Melinda

      Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA
    • Juan Amestoy
      Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009
        Espectaculares!!!!!

        Me alegro muchisimo por ustedes Ernesto!!

        Sigan volando lindo che!

        Un gran abrazo y muy buenos vuelos!

        Juan

        To: sakaos@yahoogroups.com
        From: ransargentina@...
        Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:47:10 -0700
        Subject: [sakaos] s9 and s10 photos from Argentina [3 Attachments]

        [Attachment(s) from Ernesto Acerbo included below]

        Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009
          Gorgeous pictures!!

          This guys really know how to have fun with the Rans S-9s and S-10s!!!!

          You have to see them flying!!!! They are absolutely fantastic!!

          Check out youtube. Just search "Cesar Falistocco", "Hangar del Cielo" or "Equipo Rans".

          Happy flying to everyone!

          Juan

          To: sakaos@yahoogroups.com
          From: ransargentina@...
          Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:47:10 -0700

          [Attachment(s) from Ernesto Acerbo included below]

          Dear, I send to the group some photos from Argentina

          Sincerely

          Ernesto Acerbo

          http://ar.mujer. yahoo.com/ cocina/

          Bing brings you health info from trusted sources. Try it now!
        • mblfly11
          Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009
            Hi Melinda,

            Thanks for looking into that on your plane! I did the same washer setup for my trial fit. When fitting the cowl, I noticed that the engine (at prop mount plate) was measuring about 1 degree down, compaired to the airframe. At this point I am thinking that it could be caused by soft Lord mounts. I also had my firewall sandwiched in the top engine mount to fuse bolts... I could not find anything difinitive on the plan whether or not to do that... I don't think that would cause that much of a difference anyhow. Right now I have the engine off, but I expect to put it back on soon for more cowl work. I will check the mount w/out engine load at that point. I'm probably 'splitting hairs' about this, but with such a tight engine fit, I don't want to get it wrong.

            I'm sorry about your recent incounter with ruts... couldn't have been a fun experience. It sounds like no major engine/airframe damage occured; very good! - I would sacrifice gear legs any day to save the frame! Still a bummer. I hope the repair goes well.

            Gregg

            --- In sakaos@yahoogroups.com, melinda robertson <melindaspa@...> wrote:

            > Gregg,
            >
            > I recall you had a question about 618 engine offset.  I had a look at my S10 this weekend and there is no down thrust offset.  I do have side offset.  The engine mount has one washer between the engine mount and fuselage attachment on the pilots side and 3 washers between the engine mount and fuselage on the passenger side.  Standard 1/4" AN hardware for the engine mount bolts and washers. 582 engine.
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            > Melinda

            > Get the name you've always wanted @... or @...! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/

          • melinda robertson
            Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15, 2009
              Gregg,

              I can only imagine how tight your 618 must be.  On my 582 I have had to go to a soft flexible 90 degree spark plug boot on the front plug because the hard Rotax one would not fit.  You definitely have a challenge.

              I'm glad that it was my gear that bent and not anything else.  Like you say, even though changing gear legs is a pain in the butt, it beats having to repair other damage.

              We're back up and flying.  Flew into Delta airpart last Sunday for pancakes (my husband, our little pug, named Sakota, and me all in the S10).  It's a good little grass strip with an awesome homebuilder community.  The larger tires are much better on the grass.  I should have installed them from the start.

              Good luck with your engine install.  Let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to measure on our S10.
              Melinda

              Thanks for looking into that on your plane! I did the same washer setup for my trial fit.  When fitting the cowl, I noticed that the engine (at prop mount plate) was measuring about 1 degree down, compaired to the airframe.  At this point I am thinking that it could be caused by soft Lord mounts.  I also had my firewall sandwiched in the top engine mount to fuse bolts... I could not find anything difinitive on the plan whether or not to do that... I don't think that would cause that much of a difference anyhow.  Right now I have the engine off, but I expect to put it back on soon for more cowl work.  I will check the mount w/out engine load at that point.  I'm probably 'splitting hairs' about this, but with such a tight engine fit, I don't want to get it wrong.

              I'm sorry about your recent incounter with ruts... couldn't have been a fun experience.  It sounds like no major engine/airframe damage occured; very good! - I would sacrifice gear legs any day to save the frame!  Still a bummer.  I hope the repair goes well.

              Gregg

              --- In sakaos@yahoogroups.com, melinda robertson <melindaspa@...> wrote:

              > Gregg,
              >
              > I recall you had a question about 618 engine offset.  I had a look at my S10 this weekend and there is no down thrust offset.  I do have side offset.  The engine mount has one washer between the engine mount and fuselage attachment on the pilots side and 3 washers between the engine mount and fuselage on the passenger side.  Standard 1/4" AN hardware for the engine mount bolts and washers. 582 engine.
              >
              > Hope this helps.
              > Melinda
              >

              >       __________________________________________________________________
              > Get the name you've always wanted @... or @...! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/