Re: I think i missed something

  • Dan Z
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
      Sean,
      I just work up and remembered that there's a 25 just a few boats away from mine.  I'll take some photos this morning.
      Regards,
      Dan

      Dan Zeitlin,  Annapolis, Maryland                       http://danzee.org
      Check out the illustrations of Lou Marchetti
      at http://loumarchetti.com

      From: "Dan Z" <dan_zeitlin@...>
      Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2011 9:29 pm
      Subject: I think i missed something
      To: "Sean Reid" <sean.reid@...>
      Cc: "jumaggafanny@..." <jumaggafanny@...>

      Oh, that does make a difference.  The 24 is a keelboat, the 25 is trailerable.  I'm sure the funny plate is meant to easlily fold over when the mast is taken down.  I'll bet all the 25's have them.  I just heard from David Applegate.  He's a 25 expert, having rebuilt and modifed his to the hilt.  Let's see what eh says.  He's much better to advise you on thet model than I am.
      To bad he didn';t see our private meail traffic.  Oh well, you get to interrogate him afresh :-)

      From: Sean Reid <sean.reid@...>
      To: "Dan Z" <dan_zeitlin@...>
      Date: Monday, August 1, 2011, 9:06 PM

      Unfortunately I do not have all of the parts.  I had 4 complete turnbuckles and 2 missing the center and far end.  I really need to find a shop that will rig the mast with me and provide the parts I need

      From: Sean Reid <sean.reid@...>
      To: "dan_zeitlin@..." <dan_zeitlin@...>
      Date: Monday, August 1, 2011, 8:35 PM

      My ubolts are solid,  this is the piece I was asking about

      Sean Reid
      Account Manager

      Government Systems Integration
      Whitlock
      4020 Stirrup Creek Drive
      Suite 111
      Durham, NC 27703
      877-806-1009

      919-806-1016 fax

      919-794-6028-Direct

      919-702-0283  Nextel/Cell

      sean.reid@...

      www.whitlock.com

      Founding Partner - Global Presence Alliance:
      www.global-presence.org

      CTS-General_Logo-FIN

      Please consider the environment before printing this email. (optional)

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.

    • dan_zeitlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
        Sean,
        I posted photos of a local Helms 25. The album is named "Helms 25 Rigging."
        It's entirely conventional s I orioginally described. No extension plates. You will need to check your shroud lengths to see if that plate is needed or not to preserve the rigging you have.
        Regards,
        Dan