RE: [sailnethelms] Where are you?

  • Dan Z
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2011
      I have a Yanmar YSB-12 in my Helms 30.  Been using it since it was new in 1978.  No issues with minimal maintenance.  Added an external fuel filter and replaced the fuel tank after it developed leaks.  Other wise only occasional preventive injector cleaning and water pump impeller replacement.  It has proven to be reliable.  Always starts on first crank in the Spring.

      Dan Zeitlin,  Annapolis, Maryland                       http://danzee.org
      Check out the illustrations of Lou Marchetti
      at http://loumarchetti.com

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2011
        I have a Helms 24 on Lake Norman at my friends dock. I have not sailed " Sancho" for a while now but we will be at it again soon!!!! I like my Helms 24 very much. Lots of room and very solid!!!

        --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "art2sail" <art.berg@...> wrote:

        > Where are you proud Helms owners. This is a great boat that deserves some attention. I have a Helms 24 at Lake Norman Sail Club in Denver, NC. I have owned ARTWORK for only a few months and am having a ball both sailing and upgrading. Send me a note and let me know how you like your Helms.

      • C
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2, 2011
          I have the 25 in East Tn. If you need any pictures or info let me know...