Re: [sailnethelms] New to the Group

  • Stephen Lee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
      Adam,
      She looks awesome!  Congrats!

      Dan,
      Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.

      Take care all -

      Stephen Lee

      From: Adam <trumpeter5@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [sailnethelms] New to the Group
      To: sailnethelms@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 4:38 AM

      Hello Everyone,

      I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

      Adam Hitt

    • Charlie
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2010
        Adam - I also have a Helms 24 - on Lake Norman. Bob Waters (www.waterssail.com) worked for Jack Helms, has all of the original prints, and does lots of service work on Helms. He's in your backyard (Irmo / Lake Murray). Joe built a beauiful set of spreaders for me. Super nice guy

        Chip Long
        Charlotte

        --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Lee <steve49lee1602@...> wrote:

        > Adam,
        > She looks awesome! Congrats!
        >
        > Dan,
        > Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.
        >
        > Take care all -
        >
        > Stephen Lee
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Charlie
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2010
          Rogelio,

          Small world. I bought SaiLaVie from Pete Calame' and now have a Helms 24 at LNSC. We need to get together sometime!

          Chip Long
          Charlotte.

          --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "jose" <rogeliocalvo@...> wrote:

          > Congratulations Adam,
          >
          > I own a Helms 24 and I'm on Lake Norman NC.
          > I am not a pro at this but will help you with anything I can as far as the Helms 24
          > ours is a 1978 and we love it.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Rogelio Calvo
          >
          > --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Everyone,
          > > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
          > >
          > > Adam Hitt

        • rogelio
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 24, 2010
            Chip, sorry i took long to respond. I just noticed your posting. Most definitely.

            I need to get down to my boat , across from Pete's Cove.
            now that the weather is warming up some.

            Would be great to get together sometime.

            Rogelio Calvo
            Statesville