Re: New to the Group

  • jose
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
      Congratulations Adam,

      I own a Helms 24 and I'm on Lake Norman NC.
      I am not a pro at this but will help you with anything I can as far as the Helms 24
      ours is a 1978 and we love it.

      Regards,

      Rogelio Calvo

      --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
      >
      > Adam Hitt

    • waynehelms25
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
        Welcome Adam. I looked at your pics. The boat looks new! Nice find.

        Wayne

        --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
        >
        > Adam Hitt

      • Dan Z
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
          Hi Adam,
          The 24 is a great boat, and it sounds like you have one of the best examples of it. Happy sailing!

          Dan Zeitlin

          Annapolis, Maryland

          http://danzee.org

          I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

          Adam Hitt
        • Stephen Lee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
            Adam,
            She looks awesome!  Congrats!

            Dan,
            Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.

            Take care all -

            Stephen Lee

            I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

            Adam Hitt

          • Charlie
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2010
              Adam - I also have a Helms 24 - on Lake Norman. Bob Waters (www.waterssail.com) worked for Jack Helms, has all of the original prints, and does lots of service work on Helms. He's in your backyard (Irmo / Lake Murray). Joe built a beauiful set of spreaders for me. Super nice guy

              Chip Long
              Charlotte

              --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Lee <steve49lee1602@...> wrote:

              > Adam,
              > She looks awesome! Congrats!
              >
              > Dan,
              > Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.
              >
              > Take care all -
              >
              > Stephen Lee
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Charlie
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2010
                Rogelio,

                Small world. I bought SaiLaVie from Pete Calame' and now have a Helms 24 at LNSC. We need to get together sometime!

                Chip Long
                Charlotte.

                --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "jose" <rogeliocalvo@...> wrote:

                > Congratulations Adam,
                >
                > I own a Helms 24 and I'm on Lake Norman NC.
                > I am not a pro at this but will help you with anything I can as far as the Helms 24
                > ours is a 1978 and we love it.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Rogelio Calvo
                >
                > --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Everyone,
                > > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
                > >
                > > Adam Hitt

              • rogelio
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 24, 2010
                  Chip, sorry i took long to respond. I just noticed your posting. Most definitely.

                  I need to get down to my boat , across from Pete's Cove.
                  now that the weather is warming up some.

                  Would be great to get together sometime.

                  Rogelio Calvo
                  Statesville