New to the Group

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hello Everyone,
      I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

      Adam Hitt
    • jose
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
        Congratulations Adam,

        I own a Helms 24 and I'm on Lake Norman NC.
        I am not a pro at this but will help you with anything I can as far as the Helms 24
        ours is a 1978 and we love it.

        Regards,

        Rogelio Calvo

        --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
        >
        > Adam Hitt

      • waynehelms25
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
          Welcome Adam. I looked at your pics. The boat looks new! Nice find.

          Wayne

          --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@...> wrote:

          > Hello Everyone,
          > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
          >
          > Adam Hitt

        • Dan Z
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 30, 2009
            Hi Adam,
            The 24 is a great boat, and it sounds like you have one of the best examples of it. Happy sailing!

            Dan Zeitlin

            Annapolis, Maryland

            http://danzee.org

            I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

            Adam Hitt
          • Stephen Lee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
              Adam,
              She looks awesome!  Congrats!

              Dan,
              Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.

              Take care all -

              Stephen Lee

              I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!

              Adam Hitt

            • Charlie
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5 10:53 AM
                Adam - I also have a Helms 24 - on Lake Norman. Bob Waters (www.waterssail.com) worked for Jack Helms, has all of the original prints, and does lots of service work on Helms. He's in your backyard (Irmo / Lake Murray). Joe built a beauiful set of spreaders for me. Super nice guy

                Chip Long
                Charlotte

                --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Lee <steve49lee1602@...> wrote:

                > Adam,
                > She looks awesome! Congrats!
                >
                > Dan,
                > Seeing as I live just West of you now, I hope to pick your mind about my '78 24' when it gets a little warmer and I can trailer it up from her current home.
                >
                > Take care all -
                >
                > Stephen Lee
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Charlie
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5 10:55 AM
                  Rogelio,

                  Small world. I bought SaiLaVie from Pete Calame' and now have a Helms 24 at LNSC. We need to get together sometime!

                  Chip Long
                  Charlotte.

                  --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "jose" <rogeliocalvo@...> wrote:

                  > Congratulations Adam,
                  >
                  > I own a Helms 24 and I'm on Lake Norman NC.
                  > I am not a pro at this but will help you with anything I can as far as the Helms 24
                  > ours is a 1978 and we love it.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Rogelio Calvo
                  >
                  > --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <trumpeter5@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello Everyone,
                  > > I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam and I own a 1981 Helms 24. I live in Irmo, SC where the boats were built and keep it at a slip on Lake Murray. I don't know what my hull number is, but I'll be sure to look it up. The boat was rebuilt 2005-2007 by Jack Helms' Son as a tribute to his father, so quite the lucky find for me. It's a beautiful boat and I love sailing it. I'm excited to join this forum as well as the one on Sailnet. I hope that you all will be able to help me along the line with owning this boat. If I can, I'll try to throw in my two bits, but I'm just starting. So happy sailing!
                  > >
                  > > Adam Hitt

                • rogelio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 24 5:30 AM
                    Chip, sorry i took long to respond. I just noticed your posting. Most definitely.

                    I need to get down to my boat , across from Pete's Cove.
                    now that the weather is warming up some.

                    Would be great to get together sometime.

                    Rogelio Calvo
                    Statesville