Re: Jib sheet

  • waynehelm25
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2008
      Kevin:

      I just bought 60' of 3/8" for my 112% jib this year. I tied it to the
      clew with a larks head knot. Its long enough, but just barely. I'd go
      65' if I did it again. You'll need longer if you use it on a genny.
      Slack end needs to "wrap around" the foredeck.

      Wayne

      --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Walters <kwaltersmi@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello again fellow Helms sailors. I'm back with another question
      about Helms 25 dimensions. I'd like to purchase a new jib sheet,
      however I haven't had my boat rigged yet and don't know what length I
      should buy. What approximate length do you recommend for a jib sheet
      that will be knotted at the clew and equally distributed on the port
      & starboard sides? I've heard 1.5 times the boat length is an basic
      estimation, but 38' seems like it might be a bit short. I was
      thinking about 50' of 5/16" diameter. Any thoughts?

      Try it now.