Helms 25 for Sale

  • dgogolen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2008
      Hello All:

      I am selling my boat after several years of limited use. I hate to
      see her go, but it is time. The boat is sound and only used in fresh
      water. It is a 1973 Helms 25 swing keel, with an Evinrude 9.9hp
      Yachtwin outboard that runs like a top. It is complete with groug
      tackle and life jackets. Most of the running rigging has been
      replaced in the last 4 years, along with all of the turnbuckles on
      the standing rigging, compass and the back stay. The upholstery is
      in good condition. I purchased it in 2001 in poor cosmetic
      condition. I have cleaned her up and repainted the interior, though
      some of the paint on the cabin roof has peeled. It needs a galley
      table, fresh water tank, curtains and cabin lights. All the wiring
      has been replaced and I will install a new battery. I have replaced
      the trailer with a heavy duty tandem axle trailer and have modified
      it with keel guides and an extension tongue for easy launch and
      retrieval. I sail mostly singlehanded. The boat can be rigged,
      launched and retrieved singlehanded. It lacks a roller furling and
      lazy jacks to complete to process; I have gotten by without them with
      little difficulty. The boat is in central NH. I would like to get
      $4,500 for her. I can help out with delivery within a reasonable
      distance (anywhere within a days drive, so North of Maryland and east
      of Central PA). If anyone is interested or knows of anyone looking
      for a Helms 25, have them contact me.
    • Kevin Walters