168Re: Where are you?

  • dan_zeitlin
    Aug 1, 2011
      You mean ther are no plates on the deck in the other positions? Yes, I'm sure you need them to seal the deck. They ought to be available. It's a common arrangement. You'll have to do some detective work after you have the dimension to track down a similar part, or you can fabricate or have them fabricated from the one sample you have. CatalinaDirect.com sells a kit for the Cat27 that may be the same if you're lucky. Of course it has the u-bolts and hardware as well, but maybe . . . .

      --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "seaobin" <reids@...> wrote:

      > problem is that i have 1 of the ubolts that has the plates on it, and only one. so do I need 5 more of the plates or just the turn buckles to the ubolts
      > --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "dan_zeitlin" <dan_zeitlin@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Looks like you are good to go if those "u-bolt" chain plates are firmly attached and properly bedded (so they don't let in water). I'm not sure about the 24, but I think you will find the upper plates (middle of the three shrouds) are attached to an interior bulkhead. Look to see that the attachement is good and that the bulkhead to hull joint had good attachment. The lowers, the outer two plates, will be backed on the inside. Look for deck integrity at and near the plates and fix if it looks or feels questionable.
      > > Simply attach the shroud turnbucklles to the U-bolts.
      > > The backstay plate attachment (two if you have a split backstay) are obvious. Just put the turnbuckle in the hole of the tang. Forestay turnbuckle goes, you guessed it, into the stem fitting.
      > >

      > > --- In sailnethelms@yahoogroups.com, "seaobin" <reids@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > please go under photos and look at helms 25 cleanup (last three photos)

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic