Re: [sailing_canoes] Re: Conversion Finished!

  • Thomas Hill
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
      If anybody wants to look at our canoe trip pictures to North Carolina's outer banks check out the following link:

      http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/canoetrip1.html

      Tom
      www.hillsmarina.com

      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
        --- Thomas Hill <coastom@...> wrote:
        > If anybody wants to look at our canoe trip pictures to North Carolina's outer
        > banks check out the following link:
        >
        > http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/canoetrip1.html

        Eye of the beholder of course, but if it was me I'd enlarge
        http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/files/ctrip30.jpg to about 14" wide, crop a
        little of the top and bottom, and frame it in a prominent location in the
        house.

        Breathtaking.

        -L

        PS the others pics is neat too...

        =====
        "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
        - Yogi Berra
        =====

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • christoph ostlind
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
          Tom Wrote:

          >If anybody wants to look at our canoe trip pictures to North Carolina's
          >outer banks check out the following link:
          >
          >http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/canoetrip1.html
          >
          >Tom
          >www.hillsmarina.com

          Tom and Tracy,

          There it is! The reason for all this foolishness. Outside on the water,
          something you did yourself, visiting unique shores (and ponies) cartoppable
          and only slightly inconvenienced by the weather. What could you ask for
          beyond that? Dream and passion fulfillment in one beautiful stroke.

          Altyerre looks great, you guys. Congratulations.

          If I can get my fanny back there, I'd sure like to meet you guys and go
          sailing.

          Best,

          Chris Ostlind

        • Thomas Hill
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 2, 2001
            Thanks Lew, I've also gotten votes for ctrip13 and 14. I think my favorite is:
            http://www.hillsmarina.homestead.com/files/ctrip11.jpg
            Only because this pic reminds me of how excited I was to have just finished sailing over really shallow water with the rudder up, steering with mizzen with me looking over the side, watching the reflection of the wavelets on the bottom. It was more fantastic than any sailing I had done before.

            Tom

            > If anybody wants to look at our canoe trip pictures to North Carolina's outer
            > banks check out the following link:
            >
            > http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/canoetrip1.html

            Eye of the beholder of course, but if it was me I'd enlarge
            http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/files/ctrip30.jpg to about 14" wide, crop a
            little of the top and bottom, and frame it in a prominent location in the
            house.

            Breathtaking.

            -L

            PS the others pics is neat too...

            =====
            "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
            - Yogi Berra
            =====

            http://shopping.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Thomas Hill
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 2, 2001
              Chris, you are welcome out here any time. This area is one of the best sailing areas that I have ever been around. I'm originally from Texas so most of my big boat sailing was along the Texas, Louisiana and Florida Gulf coasts but when I came out here on vacation in 1994 I fell in love. Bought a house while on vacation and moved several months later. Haven't regreted it. We have a great climate, are relatively unpopulated, and have hundreds of miles of unspoiled coastline with ocean, sound and river sailing/canoeing/kayaking. If you haven't experienced coastal North Carolina you should.

              Enough travelogue. Come on out some time, we'll go sailing! Same goes for anybody else in the group. We're right on the water and our doors are always open!

              Tom
              >If anybody wants to look at our canoe trip pictures to North Carolina's
              >outer banks check out the following link:
              >
              >http://hillsmarina.homestead.com/canoetrip1.html
              >
              >Tom
              >www.hillsmarina.com

              Tom and Tracy,

              There it is! The reason for all this foolishness. Outside on the water,
              something you did yourself, visiting unique shores (and ponies) cartoppable
              and only slightly inconvenienced by the weather. What could you ask for
              beyond that? Dream and passion fulfillment in one beautiful stroke.

              Altyerre looks great, you guys. Congratulations.

              If I can get my fanny back there, I'd sure like to meet you guys and go
              sailing.

              Best,

              Chris Ostlind

            • Lew Clayman
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 2, 2001
                All great (so are most of the others) and all express different aspects. I see
                why you posted so many, they tell a story too.

                You a have a very good eye with a camera, as well as with a boat.

                -L

                =====