News and Updates from the Sai's World

  • Deepak Arjandas Bharwani
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2011

    Establish the status of the mother in the home, as the upholder of spiritual ideals and therefore, the Guru of the children. Every mother must share in this effort — the expansion and steady manifestation of the God-consciousness latent in every child. - Sri Sathya Sai

    Archival (2010) : Mar - Apr - May - Jun - Jul - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov - Dec -

    Jan 2011 - Feb 2011 - Mar 2011 - April 2011

    Updated Sunday, May 29, 2011 1800 Hrs. IST

    The Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust released an appeal to devotees of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, thanking them for the support and messages of faith. They ensured that starting from Guru Purnima this year, all festivals as per the normal calendar of events will continue. Other events like the Prasanthi Seva, Parthi Yatra, pilgrimage programmes, various conferences and training programmes, Bal Vikas and cultural programmes, etc., will also continue as before. Read the Complete Statement here.

    Meanwhile Vedam Chanting and Bhajans are continuing as usual from 08:00 am to 09:30 am in the morning and 04:30 pm to 06:00 pm in the evening. The majestic throne of Bhagawan sits atop a wooden stage in front of the Samadhi. Sunday, the biblical day of rest, saw many devotees coming to rest on the lap of their Mother Sri Sathya Sai and inhale the sense of peace that is unique to Prasanthi Nilayam, the incense from which Bhagawan spreads the Fragrance of Love across the cosmos.

    Published Sunday, May 29, 2011 @ 1740 hrs.

    We wish to express our gratitude and appreciation for all the support that we have received from devotees of Bhagawan throughout the world during the difficult period of the ailment of Baba’s physical body and thereafter. The messages of faith in Bhagawan that were received and the experience of His continued presence fortified us in facing the challenges that confronted us.

    Bhagawan has always said that He is not the body but the manifestation of the Supreme Consciousness that pervades all creation and beyond. He also impressed upon us that we were also the images of the Divine. His Mission on this earth was mainly to enable humanity to realise its inherent Divinity.

    The Supreme Consciousness that Bhagawan personified is eternal. Bhagawan is therefore with us, now and forever. Prasanthi Nilayam is the place which the Divine chose to be His abode and it will continue to be so.

    It is therefore obligatory on us to ensure that all programmes and events that used to take place at Prasanthi Nilayam are continued just as before. Starting from Guru Purnima this year, all festivals as per the normal calendar of events will continue. These will also include programmes like the Grama Seva, Dasara, University Convocation, Birthday Celebrations, Sports, etc.

    Other events like the Prasanthi Seva, Parthi Yatra, pilgrimage programmes, various conferences and training programmes, Bal Vikas and cultural programmes, etc., will also continue as before.

    The daily Darshan schedule has also been set in place and is being faithfully observed.

    Bhagawan is with us and will always be with us, not only at Prasanthi Nilayam, but everywhere every moment of our life. We have to live our life under His unbounded love and protection and continued guidance.  He has shown us the path and we have to faithfully tread it to ultimately achieve union with Him.

    Jai Sai Ram!

    - The Trustees and the Council of Management of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust

    Anil Kumar & Baba
    There in Kodaikanal, once Swami asked, “Anil Kumar, let Me have a photo with you standing by the side of My car.” Anil Kumar went and stood there. He said, “No, no. You are standing like a driver. That is not the way. Put your hand like that (with hand on the hip). That is how an owner should stand by the side of his car.”
    Swami was standing like that on one side of the car, and Anil Kumar was standing in the same posture on the other side of the car! Anil Kumar says “He treated me as His friend and infront of everyone,

    Swami asked me, “Will you buy My car?” Anil Kumar said, “Swami, I am to buy your car? Impossible! I only have a bicycle; I can’t buy your car.”
    Baba said, “What a shame! That answer is not expected from you. You could have said, ‘Swami, with You by my side, why this car? I can buy the whole world.’ Can’t you say that? Don’t you have confidence that I am by your side?”
    Posted by Ravi Gopal - 30.05.2011

    Water Tanker Inauguration - Mumbai, May 2011
    Water is Life

    Date: May 8 , 2011
    Venue: Dharmakshetra, Mumbai
    Event: Inaguration of water tanker for remote villages in Maharashtra
    Organised by: Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, Mumbai

    Almost one year after the first mobile water drinking project was initiated in Maharashtra & Goa, one more water tanker was inaugurated at Dharmakshetra on May 8th 2011

    The Trust members of Sri Sathya Sai Trust, Maharashtra and Sri Sathya Sai Books and Publications Trust, Maharashtra & Goa were present for the event. This particular tanker has 16 taps through which village people can fill their containers with "Sai Jal". The purpose of this tanker is solely to provide solace to far flung villagers by providing them the basic need of water at their door step.

    The water tanker was energized by applying vermillion and with a small pooja done praying for the success of the project. Coconuts were broken to ward off any negativity and finally Aarti was performed by all present, praying for the smooth journey of Bhagawan's Love through the water tanker hoping that the physical as well as spiritual thirst of Sai's children spread wide and far is quenched!

    Attached Flash Slideshow watertankerinaugmay in this email

    " Sri Sathya Sai Kshetra" to be inaugurated on June 5th 2011

    An email from the State President of Maharashtra - attached Dindi2011 - Circular.pdf file in this email
    Subject: Seva Dindi 2011
    Attached pdf file
    Dear All,
    Saprem Sairam,
    The Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations (Maharashtra and Goa) has been most Blessed and fortunate to be at the Lotus Feet of Our Sai Vitthala during Aashadi Ekadashi for several years.  Innumerable Balvikas & Ex- Balvikas students, Parents, Gurus, Devotees and Patrons of the Organisation / Trust enjoyed Bhagwan's Special attention, Loving Darshans and Profuse Blessings.
    By the Grace of our Beloved Bhagawan, the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organization (Maharashtra & Goa) is once again being blessed to offer our selfless Love and infinite Gratitude to the "Avatar of all ages” in the form of SEVA DINDI in July 2011.
    Our Lord has blessed with an opportunity to his devotees from our states to be the first to put forth an example and a precedent to continue all activities / functions as it used to be in His physical presence at the Divine abode.
    We as the members of the organisation and devotees of our lord cannot afford to miss such a privilege and an opportunity. Therefore it is an earnest request to all of you to attend this year’s Dindi yatra. Let us all participate in huge numbers and fill entire Prashanti Nilayam with selfless love for our "Sai Vitthala".
    Dindi yatra will commence from Dharmavaram on July 7th night (symbolic start) as July 8th is Ashtami. The Dindi yatra will reach Prashanthi Nilayam on July 10th evening and assemble at Sai Kulwant Hall in the morning of July 11th (day of Ashadi Ekadashi).  All devotees who cannot participate in Dindi Yatra can directly attend the programme on July 11th.
    This year also, Navi Mumbai zone of Mumbai district has taken up the responsibility of organizing the Seva Dindi yatra. However, all other Districts are requested to lend their support for the success for the Dindi Yatra. . The approved programme for July 11th will be communicated to you at the earliest.
    This mail is being sent to you to communicate to all devotees and samithis urgently without fail so that railway reservations etc. can be initiated.
    Let us all rise up to the occasion and do whatever it takes to make" OUR AASHADI SEVA DINDI" a grand yet Humble offering to Our Most Dearest and Beloved Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai.
    Attached herewith in this email is a homage to Baba by the Govt. of Venezuela in pdf format. - Venezuela Government's Proclamation.pdf
    Latest Videos Update
    On 8 May 2011, Dr. Narendranath Reddy spoke to the devotees in Southern California about the Mahasamadhi of our Beloved Lord Sri Sathya Sai Baba, His universal and eternal Message, and His Pure Divine Love. In this 80 minute talk, Dr. Reddy speaks beautifully about how much Swami loved us and served […]