Om Sai Ram - The in-dwelling Lord

  • kumar mahadevan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2010
      Q:  Your followers at home as well as abroad claim positive evidence of the presence of Baba in their innermost hearts. Some have written of you as their in-dwelling God. What is the explanation of this phenomenon?

      Swami: This is the grace begotten of my love for them reciprocated by their devotion. After all, as I repeatedly say, we all belong to the same divine principle. The godliness which is present in everybody in the form of a little spark is present in me as the full flame, and it is my mission to develop every little spark of God in everyone to the fullness of the divine flame.

      The first imperative of this development is that the receiver of the grace also provides from his or her side the devotion necessary to the consummation. Those who carry the presence of Baba in their hearts like an in-dwelling God belong to these kinds of devotees.  They come to me, see me and hear me, experience my love for them and receive it with devotion. Thus, they become part of me and my
      divinity.

      To the doubting or confused ones, I give this illustration. Those who want to secure pearls from the sea have to dive deep to fetch them. It does not help them to dabble among the shallow waves near the shore and say that the sea has no pearls and all stories about them are false. Likewise, if a person wants to secure the love and grace of this Avatar, he must also dive deep and get submerged in Sai Baba. Then, only, will he become one with me and carry me in his innermost heart.

      - From Swami' Interview to Shri.R.K.Karanjia in September 1976.

      Om Sai Ram