The Swami in our Hearts - By Vishwanathan Anand

  • Kadapa Mannar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      Viswanathan Anand - Chess Grandmaster, the Current World Chess
      Champion, and currently the Fourth highest Chess Rated player in the
      world.

      An excerpt from his article in 'Divine Grace - Sathya Sai Baba" - An
      India Today Impact Presentation

      We used to visit Sundaram (Swami's Residence in Chennai) often and
      listen to Bhajans. This I found most relaxing. The most impressive
      thing for me was the dedication, discipline and commitment the
      volunteers show. Just love can make people do such wonderful things.

      We visited Puttaparthi on July 27, 2010. We were keen to experience
      Puttaparthi rather than try and see how close we could get to Baba.
      The evening Bhajan was magical and Baba's presence was indeed special.
      We witnessed him giving a necklace to a group of singers. I was amazed
      at the discipline during the Bhajans and the simplicity and
      cleanliness in Puttaparthi. We visited the hospital and I was
      awestruck at the highly advanced technology that was used to reach out
      to the most needy. All this without accepting a single rupee in
      return!

      We returned from Puttaparthi and within a week we realized we were
      going to be parents. Aruna (wife) mentioned the child whatever it is,
      would be Sai something. That night Aruna dreamt of a baby boy. In a
      few days we had Sai Akhil.

      People have seen miracles from Baba, spoken to Him. Some refer to Him
      as a friend or family member. For us Baba is in our hearts, He is the
      inner voice that does not need to speak, but can be heard when we seek
      for it :))

      OUR LIFE IS HIS MESSAGE

      Sai Ram