Thought for the Day - 1st December 2011

  • saibabanews
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011

      Lord Krishna, in His childhood days, broke the mud pots where butter was stored by the milkmaids of Gokul. The inner meaning is that Lord Krishna broke the material casement and liberated them from their temporary attachments. He then appropriated to Himself what always belonged to Him - the butter of faith. This butter is the result of the churning of the mind, the spiritual discipline of self-purification. The deha-thathwa (the feeling, "I am the body"), must go and transform into dehi-thathwa (the belief, "I am embodied"). Take a small quantity of sea water and keep it separate in a bottle; it will develop a foul smell in a few days. As long as the water remains in the sea, nothing will happen to it. Be in the sea (of Divinity), as a part of it. Do not separate and individualize yourself. Never isolate yourself as the body (deha), separate from the Indweller (Dehi). So long as you are in the Divine Consciousness, no pain, grief, egoism or pride can tarnish you.

      -
      Baba

      Thought for the day as written at Prasanthi Nilayam today
      1st December 2011