Weekend Thoughts

  • kumar mahadevan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      Sent by Mrs.Karyl Kowlessar :

      In a few days we shall celebrate Sri Krishna Janmashtami. With this in mind, I wish that this weekend we contemplate on the Highest Love, attainable through detachment, fearlessness and surrender , as taught by Sri Krishna.

      Love to all ~ Karyl.

      "That devotee of mine who is non-envious, possessing benevolence towards all living entities, compassionate with no sense of proprietorship; free from false ego, equal in distress and happiness, forgiving, the always content one, perfecting the science of uniting the individual consciousness with the Ultimate Consciousness, self-controlled, with unflinching determination, dedicating mind and spiritual intelligence upon Me, is very dear to Me." Bhagavad-Gita. Chapter 12. V. 13

      http://www.geocities.com/radhakutir/artikl32.html
      Whenever and wherever a decline of righteousness and a predominance of unrighteousness prevails, at that time I manifest Myself personally.
       For the protection of devotees and the annihilation of miscreants and to fully establish righteousness, I appear millenium after millenium.
      Bhagavad Gita. Chapter 4. Verses 7/8

      I am the conscience in the heart
      of all creatures
      I am their beginning, their being,
      their end
      I am the mind of the senses,
      I am the radiant sun among lights
      I am the song in sacred lore,
      I am the king of deities
      I am the priest of great seers…"

      http://www.astrocamp.com/vedanta/
      The incarnation of Krishna proclaimed the doctrine of divine love, as manifested by the cowherd maids (gopikas). Today, man is like an earthen pot filled with nectar. His body may be made of clay, but his spirit is eternal. The Divine has to be experienced through the body. Hence, human birth should not be treated as something trivial. Human life is worth living --it should be cherished as something precious.
      But today, such a precious gift is being treated as dirt. It is essential to realise the value of human existence. What is the goal of human life? It is to go back to the source from which we came. Our duty is to return to our primordial, original home.

      Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba - Divine Discourse: Sri Krishna Janmaashtami, 18 August 1995

      The great teaching of the Gita is this: Put your trust in God, carry on your duties, be helpful to everyone, and sanctify your lives. Dedicate all actions to God. That is the way to experience oneness with God. God is in you. You are in God. This oneness is the basic truth. Chant the name of the Lord and render social service in a spirit of selflessness and devotion to God.
      Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba - Divine Discourse: Sri Krishna Janmaashtami, 18 August 1995

      Krishna and Arjuna

      "I am the syllable Om." (Bhagavad Gita 7:8)