Re: What should one's attitude be towards getting a job and at work?

  • SAIpapu
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2005
      Sairam Sister.

      Ambition in life is not bad. If u can go higher, you can help more people under u and also down troddens.

      I feel, we have to be honest in all respects in our individual or personal life as a follower of Swami.

      But i have experienced same is not possible in corporate life, where most of the time u have to bribe people at various authorities, to get your organisation's works done. I also checked with my uncles of our Sai centre, who suggested, to avoid bribing with prayers to Swami. Also for our Company [Organisation]'s sake, if we have to bribe, never to grab part of that amt for our personal gain which is meant for bribing to get the work done.

      I may be wrong, but that was my personal opinion and feelings.

      Sairam
      papu

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
          Sairam Sis Mangala:
          Wow, how well you have explained!!!  May Swami bless you and be with you always and guide you.
          I am sure sis.sandhya would have got more clarity as to the course of action she should resort to, after reading your enlightening mail.
          Iam a senior person of 55 years of age and I really admire the matured way in which you perceive things.
          May Swami bless you for all success in life.
          sairam
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005

              Sairam sister Mangala:

              Your experience has been very much faith-filling. The spiritual path, the "non-egoistic" outlook is far superior to other principles like "Survival of the fittest" and that can best be proved by our own experiences. Your experience and further explanation should instill confidence in each of our hearts to listen to the true voice of our conscience and follow Swami's teachings in the true spirit.

              I have had a similiar experience while making first job. I paste below, the excerpt of one of my experiences 2 years back.

              Life

              -
              BHAGAWAN'S BIGGEST MIRACLE

              I go back to campus for interviews. We were totally 6. Me along with one other boy started one day before while others planned to come the day after. As soon we reached the airport, we came to know all the flights are running one day late. I reached my college on 18th night and came to know that the test for TCS, which was to be conducted the next day morning, was proponed. Thus it was conducted on 18th morning itself. So I missed it. But, I was in no worry at all. I just left it to Swami....AND....The next day they told me the test is going to be re-conducted for all those people who missed it!! I wrote it. I was short- listed.

              Before going to the interview of TCS, I applied to JUNO also.

              My name did not appear in its shortlist. I was initially a bit disappointed, but soon reconciled myself back to happiness. I became ready to go back even empty- handed. I just prayed to Him to give me enough strength to bear everything and help everybody.

              Just before attending TCS interview, I sang "ASATHOMAA SADGAMAYAA" as I always do, took some Vibhuthi, prayed to Bhagawan to speak through me.

              Once the interview started, I found myself answering everything bubbling with confidence. They asked me just those basics which I revised while I was on my flight to India. For a few questions, which I studied long back, the answers just STRIKED me, I don't know how!!!

              As the HR part took over, the interviewer asked me casually what is the meaning of my name. I told Him, "Pardha" means Arjuna and "Saradhi" means charioteer, thus it means Charioteer of Arjuna, that is Sri Krishna. I added that in the real sense, Arjuna stands for the ignorant and confused human soul while Krishna is the God who shows the path to him and leads him.

              The interviewer asked me some examples of Ragas, seeing the music course in my course- sheet. I answered. They seemed quite satisfied. Finally its over and I was selected! :)

              That's the end of it.

              Coming to the things happened earlier, I spent away the time I need to use to study for interviews, in recording Bhajans. I felt that more important. When time got closer by, I prayed to Bhagawan saying, "Swami, I spent my time in spreading your Nama. Hence all my worldly duties like interviews should be taken care of by you." I thought of Prof. Anil Kumar's job interviews in which he was questioned in Satya Sai literature instead of technical subjects. (Almost the same thing happened to me!!!!)

              This gave me the confidence that we need only to prove our worth before Bhagawan. When the interviewers asked me about what I felt about TCS, I just gave frank and straightforward answers. I told the truth. I did not generally bluff and praise them.

              What's the use in singing "Truth is my breath...." when I don't follow it ? I made it. This only proved Sathyameva Jayathe. I am happy to be a testimony for this.

              The four remaining people arrived a bit late and thus they missed TCS and JUNO. Only one company remains now... CTS, for all of them. I suddenly remembered the Vibhoothi packet I brought with me. I took some of it, rushed to the interview room.

              I gave Vibhoothi to two of my friends there. Three hours later the notice board, shows both the names selected for CTS!!! That's it!!! I ran back and distributed the Vibhoothi to some more people, from whom I am awaiting the good news!! This is like a striking touch of Baba's power to me!!!

              My dear friends!!! Baba is there to help us. He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. He made me book tickets separately from others... thus brought me to campus one day before others preventing me from missing the TCS interview... He got the test RE- CONDUCTED even if I arrived late. It is all His duty. He takes care of all those things. I have no botheration or worry, you know!!!

              You ask, you get... that's it!!

              While doing our daily chores, we are carried away into the impression, that it is we who are doing everything. This is a delusion to be overcome. I felt my efforts were not as good as what I got. Sometimes we also feel that we did not get enough results out of our work. This is a false impression. God is a perfect judge. Totally perfect. He knows what our worth is. What is best for us!!!

              All these incidents happened dramatically. Every moment was a miracle. This showed me that our LIFE itself is a big miracle of Bhagawan. Miracle here loses its sense, which is most frequently used. We use miracle to refer to something that happens rarely in an extra- ordinary way. But our lives, our existence, which is quite natural for us, all the events that happen daily in our life are all His miracles. You see... miracle is so ordinary, so ubiquitous!!

              JAI SAIRAM

              PS: In the above excerpt which was from my 2002 diary, I wrote that I was awaiting the results for two friends to whom I have given Vibhuti. (Refer to the red-colored text in the above excerpt) What happened finally was that both of them could not make a job at campus.

              AND....as you soon as they passed out, one of them made a job in Oracle and the other in Reliance. Swami knows what to give to whom and when.

              On 9/30/05, gamsetmach <gamsetmach@...> wrote:

              Dear Sandhya,

              As I come under the category of "working on H-1" I will endeavour to
              answer your queries to the best of my experience and learning.
              People are told over and over again that they need to be go-getters,
              get out there and score one over everybody else, and make a "career"
              for themselves.