Insights: Fifth Golden Principle for living in this world - Whatever is received from God, use it to serve His children

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 5:42 AM
      Shree Hari

      Ram Ram

      The fifth golden principle – Whatever is received as offering (prasada) from God, use it to serve His children.

      With whatever is received as prasada (offering) from God, serve His children.

      Utilize whatever you have received to serve the family members in your household and the world at large, considering them to be God’s loving children. Think of it as - I am feeding God’s dear ones and serving them. Just like when you show affection to a child, wouldn’t the child’s mother be pleased? Similarly if you serve God’s children, He is pleased. How wonderful is that!

      Whether the family members listen to us or not, whether they serve in return or not, we have to take care of God’s family. Even if the family members don’t work, even if they do nothing at all and cause pain, then too serve them. It is double profit for us. Because, one it is giving us an opportunity to serve, and the second part is that on receiving pain our sins are washed away. Tell me now. Can sorrow touch us? There is no place left for sorrow. All doors are closed, and right here is universal bliss. Have you understood this clearly? If you are still becoming happy and sad with the happenings of this world, you have not understood yet.

      So understand this once and for all. We are sitting in and ever-joyful state. We don’t have the slightest bit of sorrow. When God is caretaker of everyone, then a devotee of God is never unhappy. They are at all times in a blissful state. They are so blissful, that just by their association we feel equally blissful.

      Therefore accept the fifth golden principle – Whatever is received as offering (prasada) from God, use it to serve His children.

      From: "Art of Living" by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram

      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same.

      For full pravachans in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org

      To view the free online entire Bhagavad Gita over 1,500 pages of detailed descriptive text in HINDI, please visit (you may need to download hindi font from home page):
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/SadhakSanjeevni/main.html

      To view free many online books by Swami Ramsukhdasji, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/index.htm

      Subscribe:sadhaka-subscribe@yahoogroups.com