Utilise Whatever You Have Received (7.9.2005)

  • Gita Prapann Parivar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      :Shree Hari:

      Bhadrapad Shukla Chaturthi, Vikram Samvat 2062, Budhvar
      7th September, 2005, Wednesday

      Ram Ram

      This is the summary of the pravachan given by Swami Ramsukhdasji on 21.4.1991 at 5 a.m. the cassette of which was played today at Gita Bhavan, Rishikesh, India.

      Utilise Whatever You Have Received

      Q. What is the difference between Vairagya and Prema Bhakti?
      A. Vairagya means to rise above the world - and Prema Bhakti is to move towards God constantly (ananyata se). The result of both will be the same. If you have Prema Bhakti, you will rise above the world (be disinterested in worldly things) and if you have vairagya you will move towards God naturally.

      If man thinks, he can gain a lot. The human life is very important and valuable. The value does not lie in the physical body, but in fact it lies in the intellect (vivek). A man is he who utilises his intellect to decide what is right and what is wrong. Animals are moving towards human life where as humans are moving towards animal life by not using their intellect. People misuse their intellect to prepare their path for hell. They cheat others, tell lies, be dishonest and thus prepare their path for hell. The intellect has been given to attain salvation and we misutilise it.

      Do not be satisfied with a little progress. The intellect is so powerful that if properly utilised the sky is the limit for man. He can go to unimaginable heights. Whoever in your view is a great person at present or was a great person in the past or at any time ever - always remember you can go further than him. See the reason of greatness that you find in them. We can be greater in that respect than them. Do not stop your progress. You will reach the ultimate.

      The importance is not so much of the intellect as it is of its utilisation. Your intellect is not based on your past actions. It is given by God. Object, body, knowledge, strength - all this is not important. What is important is its utilisation. The utilisation is what counts. God has given plenty to all. We all have much more than what we need. We misutilise on purpose. There is no lack of material. You all are very enthusiastic to hear satsang but you are not so enthusiastic to apply in your life what you hear. You sight is on the material (knowledge, wealth, capability, etc.) not so much on its utilisation. We all have enough material. There is so much material that we can help the whole world. We just have to realise it.

      The attempt to utilise the capability is lacking. The more you utilise it, the more it grows. Its misutilisation is what diminishes it. This is God's principle. You just have to utilise how much you know. Take consent from saints/exalted souls. You will gain a lot. Utilise all that you received. Do good for all and have a feeling of welfare for all - you will realise God (Gita 12:4). Do as many good deeds as you can.

      Ram Ram

      We all have received whatever we require for our salvation and welfare. Its utilisation is what is lacking. Our attempt should be to utilise whatever we have received to the fullest. Proper utilisation is in the welfare of others and in attaining salvation.

      For full pravachans in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org

      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same.
      Email your comments/questions to sadasya@...