Way to be Free of Attraction and Attachment to Pleasure (Mar 24, 2013)

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2013

      || Shri Hari ||

      Way to be Free of Attraction and Attachment to Pleasure

      (Sukhaasakti se Chootne ka Upaaya)

      24th Mar 2013, Sunday
      Phalgun Shukla Dvaadashi, Vikram Samvat 2069, Ravivaar

      continued...

      There was a Rajput (a particular type of Kshatriya), and there was a person from the merchant class.    They collided into each other, then the trader made the Rajput fall to the ground and stood on top of him.  The Rajput asked him - Oh!  Who are you?  He said I am of the merchant class.  On hearing this the Rajput in a fighting spirit said !  Oh!  a man from a merchant class is bullying me !  how can it be so!  An immediately, he forced the merchant down to the floor.  This is just an example.  The point is that you are the kind to remain at all times, and passion, desires do not remain at all times.

      Just as the Rajput thought that I am a Kshatriya (of the warrior class). A merchant cannot crush me. In the same manner,  you too are a Rajput,   you are the son of God.  Now think that how can the desire for the unreal (perishable) suppress you?    Desire is for the unreal and the desire itself is also unreal, it is impossible that it can suppress the real.  That is all there is to it.  It is not some lengthy-complicated thing. Now what is difficult about this?  Tell me?   It is a straight-forward point.   Have a little courage, that I am the kind that remains at all times.   From childhood to now, I am the same one.  At first too I was there, now too I am there,  and later on too,  I will remain.   If not who will suffer or enjoy the consequences of their past actions?  I am the kind that remains, where as, this body and the various unreal things will not remain at all.    How can I submit to these things?   I cannot!  Do not lose courage.

      Himmat mat chhodo naraam, mukh sun kahataam Raam |

      Hariyaa himmat soon kiyaam, dhruv ka atal dhaam ||

      It is a very easy point.   You don't think through everything, and that is the main roadblock.  Neither you think yourself, nor do you accept something that is told to you.  Now what to do,  tell me?   You are existent (eternal, real),  and these poor things are non-existent (unreal, perishable).  Uselessly you become suppressed by it.  You have not paid attention towards your own greatness.  Who are you -  you do not look towards this.  You are an "ansh"  (part) of Paramatma.  How can the "unreal"  (temporary) last in you?   This unreal has gained power only due to your power.  It does not have any strength and power of its own.   This is unreal only!  You are "sat" (real, existent), and you only have given it significance.

      Just as when someone's son dies then one feels great bereavement and pain, that the son is now gone away!  The son died once, but mourning  takes place daily, then tell me is the lamenting predominant,  or the boy's dying predominant?  The boy died one time, that is the end of it, but you keep the lamenting alive.   Where does the lamenting have any ability to stay?   The mourning came about due to the dying of the son!  You will not be able to hold on to that mourning.  After a few years, you will forget it.  It will go away by itself.   Time and again you remember it and keep it alive, then too you will not be able to keep it alive.  After ten-fifteen years, it will not even be remembered.  Therefore, do not give importance to the things that is born, that later die.  Do not be concerned about them.   Our point is only that why are you giving important to the unreal (temporary, perishable)?   Why are you not giving importance to "vivek"  (power of discrimination)?    (to be continued)

      From book in hindi "Swadheen kaise bane"  by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

      Ram Ram

      FOR MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT -

                      http://www.satcharcha.blogspot.com/
      Date : 23rd March, 2013

      (Sukhaasakti se Chootne ka Upaaya)

      IF YOU HAVE BENEFITED FROM THESE MESSAGES, KINDLY FORWARD TO OTHERS.

      ENGLISH:           http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
      HINDI :               http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org